Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2015, 10:14 PM
zenith (Tim)

"New" Intervalometer arrived from eBay

Who would have thought a new intervalometer for $18.39 would be dodgy? Its not dodgy if you don't mind used and abused items sold as new.

Thanks boldbestbuy with 99.6% positive feedback. It would seem that several of the 10 or so different sellers based in NSW have negative feedback describing this exact fraudulent behavior.

"Hi, Sorry to hear that,pls accept our sincerely apology. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Perhaps the damage happened during transit. We promise we r responsible for the deal. we must to try best to sort it out, here are some options for you:1 would it be acceptable if we issue you a partial refund of $3.00 AUD and you keep the item.2 You can send it back for exchange . 3 Or you can return for a full refund. Which do you prefer? If you have any better idea, please let us know ASAP, we are ready to help. Sorry again Ann"

I put it to Ann that if she checks her own feedback she will see that indeed the exact same thing has happened just last month. Mental note, 99.6% on eBay could be bad, always check negative feedback in the future!

I just ordered a Hahnel Giga T Pro Wireless Remote from a reputable online store instead. I suggested to Ann that she refund the entire amount and pay for postage. I am not expecting that to happen, I just want to get $18.39 worth of entertainment from her
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_8851_small.JPG)
64.9 KB97 views
Old 10-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Moon (James)
This sentence is false

that looks like it still has a protective cover on the screen. Just try to peel it off.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:06 AM
raymo

Mine was from a different seller, but yours looks the same as mine, and mine had the protective film, so James is quite likely right.
raymo
Old 11-04-2015, 01:54 AM
Logieberra (Logan)

Sure looks like protective plastic on the screen? Take it off?!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:46 AM
zenith (Tim)

How embarrassing, guys you are right!
I've not seen a plastic protector so scratched, or so difficult to remove - I did initially try but gave up after using considerable persuasion with my fingernail. It was also covered in finger prints and residue from removed stickers, and so I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I'll contact the seller, and cut a slice of humble pie while I am at it.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Wouldn't worry about it too much. I purchased a GPS that had the protector on it that was so stubborn I had to use a soft pencil eraser to cause the edge to curl, then I could take it off. Damn thing was on so good it actually looked smooth as glass, save the slight blurry effect while looking through it (thus I knew it was a cover).

OIC!