Old 21-05-2013, 07:07 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Power adapter for Canon EOS 6D

I've just got the internal battery and I've found that I can easily drain it in the short sessions I've been doing. So I'm looking to get a power adapter such as the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6. Doing a google search for somewhere to buy one turns up nothing remotely familiar for stores in Australia. Those that come up vary in price from $135 and up.

Then I turned up this: ebay store link. For about $13 from Hong Kong. Has anyone got one of these generic power adapters for their camera and found it worked ok?

Any other suggestions I should think about?

Thanks for any pointers.
Old 21-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

I have a genuine ACK-E6 adapter, but, it's at the remote site.

For home use (it's going to be pulled apart and connected to a sealed lead acid battery), I had one of those that you linked to just arrive.

It seems to be well made.

I would have bought another genuine part, but, $130-$160 for a DIY kit seemed a bit expensive. Especially if it didn't work out!

H

Last edited by Octane; 21-05-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 21-05-2013, 07:40 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Indeed, much cheaper option that way.

Ok, just grabbed one.

I think I've also rig up something to power it via battery as well, but instead of pulling it apart, I think I'll make a converter to drop the power down to 8V input and then plug that in when necessary.
Old 16-06-2013, 11:48 AM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Just a follow up on this for 6D owners.

I got this a little while ago, the main AC cable was damaged so I didn't get to test it until yesterday when I found a replacement cable.

However, it does NOT work for the 6D. The pin alignment is different, so no go. It's not worth sending back, so I may have a go at hacking it sometime to see if I can get it to work.

Be warned though, as it stands, this is NOT for the 6D and really shouldn't be advertised as such.