Old 16-06-2020, 06:23 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Scopes for dual imaging setup

Hi all,

Just very straight forward question.

If you have almost tight budget up to $1200, and you already have one scope or two but you can't be sure if you can have another one to use next to it for dual system imaging, what will you buy as scopes two of them maximum $1200?

Just ordered second cooled camera very similar same specifications of the one i have, so it means i have to find two scopes to use with it, i have Canon DSLR lenses but none two the same, i can buy one cheap of 3rd party with nice quality same to what i have, but i don't know if a lens is nice enough to be used in imaging.

I am mostly into doing wide field nebulae, something in 200-500mm range, but i see people using 135mm lens too, but i know not all targets i want to image at 135mm only.

My mount is AZ-EQ6, so, show me your suggestions/recommendations.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:07 AM
JA

Hello T,

Since (from memory) you already have a Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L you could get another one (subject to your budget, used) to make your life simple. You can go to Astrobin as a guide to what's possible from that exact lens and decide whether...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
a lens is nice enough to be used in imaging.
Here is an Astrobin link to some from one photographer using a Canon 6D and 600D... I would focus on the 6D images more as they are more of a torture test for the lens.
https://www.astrobin.com/gear/3389/c...00mm-f28-l-is/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
I am mostly into doing wide field nebulae, something in 200-500mm range, but i see people using 135mm lens too, but i know not all targets i want to image at 135mm only.
Well if you are really interested in a 135mm FOV then, you can go close with a 2x1 or 2x2 panel mosaic with your Canon 300mm on a full frame sensor, such as this image.....
https://www.astrobin.com/full/355665/0/

or spring for a 135mm Samyang or Sigma Art lens.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 16-06-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:12 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hello T,

Since (from memory) you already have a Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L you could get another one (subject to your budget, used) to make your life simple. You can go to Astrobin as a guide to what's possible from that exact lens and decide whether...

Here is an Astrobin link to some from one photographer using a Canon 6D and 600D... I would focus on the 6D images more as they are more of a torture test for the lens.

https://www.astrobin.com/gear/3389/c...00mm-f28-l-is/

Best
JA
Nice results!

Actually i want to buy new one, the new one is almost as expensive as high end scopes, i can buy 135mm lens instead which i have one from Canon, many uses 3rd party which is cheaper, but does 135mm a good field of view? Super ultra wide really.

No DSLR, i only use astro cooled camera.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:34 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Tareq
You may be interested in Register software which enables combining images from different rigs.
Alex
Old 16-06-2020, 03:11 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Tareq
You may be interested in Register software which enables combining images from different rigs.
Alex
I have the software already.
Tareq