Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > ATM and DIY Projects

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

Thanks for that.
I was directed to this site by the ATM who gave me the blanks and this blog describes working with a TDE .

http://atm-workshop.com/mirror14-log.html

Perhaps it is possible to be over corrected in the centre as per the stellafane table yet still have TDE. I did start off through the whole polish with short strokes But not much W . So I can try adding more W pattern stroke with the trimmed up lap.

I have an 8 inch to go on to which is down to f7 which I would like to deepen to f4 with a tile tool and 80 grit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post
Sunfish - the best strokes to get rid of TDE are very short 1/4 to 1/5 length W stroke with mirror face up , with some randomness thrown in to maintain or head better toward spherical .

Something like a 200mm mirror is much better fit for the hands and more stable , so you are setting yourself a task with a 100mm . The back should be ground flat or slightly concave. If you can see the mirror rock at all while you are polishing tool on top , this can contribute to a TDE .

Last edited by Sunfish; 06-08-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling