Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 20-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Paul Haese

SSAG and CCDSoft and SBIG planetary/guide cam

Hi all,

looking for some answers.

I recently bought CCDsoft for capture as it integrates well with other software bisque software for automation of mapping and other tasks.

What I did not count on is the complete lack of drivers and plug-ins for my guide camera. That being the Orion Star Shoot Autoguider. There was a plug in for it but it has been pulled for some reason or the site is down. Bottom line is that CCDsoft does not provide its own support for what is one of the most common guide cameras out there. (odd really and yes I have quizzed Software Bisque about this and awaiting a response) So any suggestions to what I can do now for guiding. Please keep in mind that I have the QSI which has either a Cmount or T mount on the OAG and not much room to fit a guide camera. Also does anyone have the plug in the SSAG for CCDsoft or the ascome plugin to handle this camera. I know Eddie T had some issues with this and I would like to hear how he made out.

If I cannot use my SSAG for guiding with CCDsoft (that was the goal as I have been using PHD but want to use the CCDsoft to control everything) then I thought maybe getting the new SBIG guide/planetary camera (the little one), but I don't think it has been released yet. Can anyone tell me if it has been released, will it have a CCDsoft plugin and does it have either a C mount or T mount thread on its front face?

If you are using another small camera with CCDsoft that can guide I would be interested to hear. Especially about size, software support and price.

Thanks
Old 20-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

Thre was a driver for CCDsoft but it worked on the old drivers for the QHY5 not the ASCOM driver. It is in this file
http://www.qhyccd.com/ASTROSOFTBE/QH...stroSoftBe.rar
Experiment with it on a computer that you can remove the drivers from rather than your production computer.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

This may also work from SBIG if you use the ASCOM driver
http://www.bisque.com/sc/media/p/46016.aspx
Old 20-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks Terry.

I saw the QHY5 on their site but have not tried it out yet. I will give them a try and see what happens. I suspect it will not work. What is probably needed is the driver plug in that was on Astrosoft be site. The guy has only recently removed the driver and the plug in software which would have been perfect.

I think long term though I will have to buy another guide camera if I want to fully automate my setup.
Old 20-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

Paul
The RAR file is exactly the same as the one that was on the astrosoft.be site. I tried it in the past but didn't persist with it. I just use guidemaster to guide running at the same time as CCDSoft.