Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 30-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Emc2 (Jon)

Celestron C5 with EQ motorised EQ wedge

Hi guys,

My trusted Ol' Celestron C5 is coming up for sale.
It is one of the old white tube models, still in great condition: there are no scratches at all on the frontal plate or the mirror:it has been well looked after. It features the blue-toned starbright coating from Celestron.
The exterior is in great shape too, only a few minor scratches on the frontal black element where the dust cover goes.
It is mounted on the original Celestron arm mount which features a Vixen type dovetail, making this compatible with pretty much any other scope out there.
In addition it comes with the original super solid EQ wedge that can be used as is as a tabletop - great for a compact portable solution, or it can be mounted on a tripod (not included). The telescope can easily be taken off its EQ base and used just like that as a table top. The built-in arm mount has manual mechanical slow motion controls on both axis which are great to use without power.

The mount is also motorised and plugs directly in an outlet (220V) and starts tracking at the sidereal rate. I always thought that would make an awesome base for unguided wide field Astro photos, but never got to do it.

Comes with the original instruction manual & finderscope (6X30mm if I recall correctly) and the red dot finderscope it has been replaced with. Everything is original on this scope, apart from the red dot finderscope.

It is really a neat little scope and quite a rare find in this condition and configuration. Only reason I am selling is that it is not getting much use, in fact I am struggling to find any time to dedicate to the hobby. I still have my small mak90 for the occasional look at the moon though. Hoping this can go to a good home.

Looking for $700, I am located in Sydney. Pickup would probably best as it is quite big and heavy, however I am happy to arrange for shipment Australia wide through a courier - PM if interested and I will get a quote for your postcode. I have plenty of bubble wrap and other materials to pack it well for the journey.

Thank you for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
195.5 KB123 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
190.1 KB104 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
198.4 KB97 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
199.0 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
197.7 KB67 views
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)
194.0 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (7.jpg)
198.1 KB62 views

Last edited by Emc2; 04-07-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Photos added
Old 09-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Emc2 (Jon)

Hi guys,

Price reduced to $700.
Will ship Australia wide with courier for $50.

PM of interested.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2017, 11:46 PM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

Pm

PM sent