Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 20-02-2021, 10:51 AM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

$999 Complete CGX Mount, Tripod, Counterweights & Pier Adapter (Faulty RA)

I'm selling my CGX because I don't have the skills to fix the error in the RA motor. Have tried hypertuning, has brand new belts, Hand controller at latest firmware etc and is in otherwise good condition but I suspect either the belt tension is wrong in RA OR it needs a new RA Motor assembly or mechanical adjustments I have no idea how to do... which is why this is going so cheap.

I've decided to throw money at my problems and just buy a new mount because I'm that lazy.

It's in otherwise good nick and hasn't moved for years. There is some oxidisation on some of the screws but the mount has been well maintained. The maintenance and issues I've been having are well documented on my youtube (youtube.com/erfmufn) if you want to dig deeper.

It was fine even with the RA issue for wide field stuff but I'm going long focal length now and can't tolerate the wobble.

Only buy this mount if you're aware of the RA issue and think you can fix it. Original manual, box etc. Prefer local trade (SE QLD, NE NSW) so nobody has to pay shipping. Let me know if you have any questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_6856.jpg)
53.8 KB99 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6855.jpg)
51.7 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6854.jpg)
32.7 KB86 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6853.jpg)
22.1 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6852.jpg)
45.3 KB98 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6851.jpg)
41.7 KB113 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6850.jpg)
45.5 KB126 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_6849.jpg)
34.7 KB94 views

Last edited by dylan_odonnell; 23-02-2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old 22-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Todo43 (Lachlan)

Hi dylan,

What do you recommend would be the max length that this mount could do? I have 1800mm, too much? I would only use that for planetary though. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to repair this mount?

Lachlan
Old 23-02-2021, 10:12 PM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Yeh the error is about 1-2" in RA which is too much for that focal length. There has been some interest in the DMs but I might unlist and see if I can get this fixed and tuned up before re-listing.. (thanks everyone for your suggestions!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todo43 View Post
Hi dylan,

What do you recommend would be the max length that this mount could do? I have 1800mm, too much? I would only use that for planetary though. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to repair this mount?

Lachlan