Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Paramount

Time lapse at Gayle Beck Lodge

On Tuesday of this week I spent the whole night up by Gayle Beck Lodge near Ribblehead in the Yorkshire Dales shooting some time lapse clips and single shot frames. The lodge is an old ruined hunting lodge which sadly has fallen into a very dilapidated condition, but it has a history behind it which can be found by entering it on Google. While I was there (from 3:30pm Tuesday to 8am Wednesday) I shot a "Holy Grail" time lapse with my Sony A7Sii and Samyang 24mm f1.4 lens and my Timelapse+ view. Over 2,000 images were taken with exposures ranging from 1/6400 second at f1.4 and ISO 100 to 20 seconds at f1.4 and ISO 1250, while doing this a motorised pan and tilt head was moving the camera.
With my Sony A7iii and Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens I shot some static time lapses, selfies and just to be a bit different I was experimenting with a lens ball! (this can be seen in the clip below). Exposures for these were all 30 seconds at f2.8 and ISO 6400. The only downside to the trip was that I didn't realise just how many cars use that road and there are quite a few headlight flashes but it just adds to what I experienced during the night. I will be having another go with the lens ball but hopefully away from so much traffic

The full video which includes all the clips plus some still frames can be seen at the following link, it is in HD and 4K and does look better on a larger screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbg-8zM_ug&t=25s