Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 AM
HarryD (Greg)

Hi Ray

I have 2 monitors side by side. A Samsung and an Eizo.

I use the Eizo as the main monitor. It is calibrated once a month using a Spyder. The images are always on this screen.The Samsung is used as a place to put all the Photoshop tools etc. It is not calibrated.

Switching any image between the 2 monitors shows what a difference a reasonable, it's not the most expensive Eizo by any means, calibrated monitor makes to image viewing.

I originally put together this system for landscape photos. I wanted to be able to print, on my Epson A3 printer, what I can see on screen. After much adjustment, dis-guarded prints and much new learning I can print what I see.

There is no way of knowing what DSOs really look like so I guess we just please ourselves re colour. Having said that even a monochrome Ha image looks way better on the Eizo compared to the Samsung.

I think most people, my friends included, will buy a monitor as a package with their PC or rely on their iPad, phone or laptop. Talking about monitor calibration to most people is like mentioning quantum mechanics. It's a bit hard to get the message across.

If I like what I produce and my wife and adult kids are impressed, that's all that matters to me.

Complements of the Season to you all.

Greg
Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryD View Post
Hi Ray

I have 2 monitors side by side. A Samsung and an Eizo.

I use the Eizo as the main monitor. It is calibrated once a month using a Spyder. The images are always on this screen.The Samsung is used as a place to put all the Photoshop tools etc. It is not calibrated.

Switching any image between the 2 monitors shows what a difference a reasonable, it's not the most expensive Eizo by any means, calibrated monitor makes to image viewing.

I originally put together this system for landscape photos. I wanted to be able to print, on my Epson A3 printer, what I can see on screen. After much adjustment, dis-guarded prints and much new learning I can print what I see.

There is no way of knowing what DSOs really look like so I guess we just please ourselves re colour. Having said that even a monochrome Ha image looks way better on the Eizo compared to the Samsung.

I think most people, my friends included, will buy a monitor as a package with their PC or rely on their iPad, phone or laptop. Talking about monitor calibration to most people is like mentioning quantum mechanics. It's a bit hard to get the message across.

If I like what I produce and my wife and adult kids are impressed, that's all that matters to me.

Complements of the Season to you all.

Greg
Thanks very much for your help Greg and all the best for Christmas.
regards Ray