Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Paramount

First time lapse from new location

Hi
As some of you may know, I have moved to Harrogate in North Yorkshire from Hereford. The last few weeks have been fairly hectic but on the 26th I managed to get out to shoot some time lapse and a star trail image. This site is about 2 miles from where we now live and it is a great place to walk our boys. I spent the night here from 7pm to 6am the following morning and shot 3 short clips. The area is Nidd Gorge in Harrogate and I set up at Scotton Weir for the night.
Clip 1 - Looking directly at the Weir. Sony A7Sii and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8, 440x30 second exposures at f2.8 at 15mm setting and ISO 16000
Clip 2 - Looking away from the weir. Sony A7Sii and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8, 280x30 second exposures at f2.8 at 15mm setting and ISO 25600
Clip 3 - My view of the night sky from my bed roll. Sony A7Sii and Samyang 12mm fisheye f2.8, 280x30 second exposures at f2.8 and ISO 25600
During the night there were two lots of mountain bikers with very bright lights came past and also the house on the other side of the weir had an outdoor light that came on periodically but I think these added nicely to the lighting effect of the video.
There were some thin whispy clouds during the evening as can be seen on the videos, during processing I noticed that the last 40 frames of the first clip the sky was clear so I used these to create a star trail image. On the last two frames of this star trail section the light came on at the house but I left them in as the lighting effect and colours that came out on the right of the image was really pleasing.
The RAW frames were processed in Adobe Lightroom and the video rendered in Adobe Premier Pro, the star trail image was done using layers in Adobe Photoshop.

The video can be seen at the following link and is available in 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFiIdrclE0E

Best wishes
Gordon
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Nidd Gorge star trail small.jpg)
138.5 KB78 views
Old 01-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Retrograde (Pete)
a.k.a. @AstroscapePete

Very nice - particularly loved the first part facing the weir.