ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Nebulator2570 (Gabriel)

Nikon D2x

HI Everyone..

I just recently purchased a Nikon D2x Camera, very good price,

But wondering if anyone here Has used the D2x or knows someone who has, used it for Astrophotography? Can anyone give me some advice on setting wise, for night wide field setting or to do astro through a Telescope or simple lens camera mount set up..

I have played around with it just at home but i can not figure out how to set the setting for astro use..

Please anyone or who you know has would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys

Nebulator
Old 05-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Nebulator2570 (Gabriel)

HMMMM

Its great to know that tho everyone looks at my post, NOT one has replied to even give me any advice... Great to know this community show interests in giving someone any advice... Thanks alot people
Old 06-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Scheimfluge (Geoff Graham)
Scheimfluge

Hello Gabrial.
I have the Nikon D2x Camera, mine has been custom to full spectrum for astro imaging.

You need a camera to telescope adapter and set your exposure time to BULB you will also need a electronic cable release. http://www.adorama.com/PH18320.html
If you read the Nikon D2x Camera manual it will explain hot to do the settings.

Regards

Geoff
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

hi Gabriel

here is a great tutorial written by Mike on how to do nightscapes (camera and lens) the same concepts will apply no matter the camera you use.
http://www.mikesalway.com.au/nightsc...phy-101-intro/

for a telescope you will need a t mount and t ring to attach to your telescope. as mentioned below you will need to set it to bulb mode to shoot (i'm guessing) past 30 seconds.

good luck

Rusty
Old 07-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Nebulator2570 (Gabriel)

D2x..

Hi all

[QUOTE]You need a camera to telescope adapter and set your exposure time to BULB you will also need a electronic cable release. http://www.adorama.com/PH18320.html
If you read the Nikon D2x Camera manual it will explain hot to do the settings./QUOTE]

[QUOTE]here is a great tutorial written by Mike on how to do nightscapes (camera and lens) the same concepts will apply no matter the camera you use.
http://www.mikesalway.com.au/nightsc...phy-101-intro/

for a telescope you will need a t mount and t ring to attach to your telescope. as mentioned below you will need to set it to bulb mode to shoot (i'm guessing) past 30 seconds./QUOTE]

Yes Geoff and Rusty i have these accessories already, telescope there is no problem, have 3 major telescope i can put them on, LX200 12"ACF, RCX400 14", and the monster Planewave CDK27" (which is still in the box) need a good place for it..
I also have some small portable one i use to get around 10" LX200 but i just want to play around with a correct setting for wide filed on the D2X thats all tho i appreciate the links and everything

to all who replied and thanks to geoff and rusty for the links awesome stuff.. this should really help with setting on the D2X, i have several cameras but need to play with the latest one...

thanks again

nebulator
Old 09-02-2015, 11:48 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulator2570 View Post
Hi all

Yes Geoff and Rusty i have these accessories already, telescope there is no problem, have 3 major telescope i can put them on, LX200 12"ACF, RCX400 14", and the monster Planewave CDK27" (which is still in the box) need a good place for it..
I also have some small portable one i use to get around 10" LX200 but i just want to play around with a correct setting for wide filed on the D2X thats all tho i appreciate the links and everything

to all who replied and thanks to geoff and rusty for the links awesome stuff.. this should really help with setting on the D2X, i have several cameras but need to play with the latest one...

thanks again

nebulator
No worries Gabriel let us know how the camera goes, sounds like fun and if you need somewhere for the plane wave I'm sure I could find somewhere for it to go up

Cheers

Rusty