Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 21-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Visionoz (Bill)

A Big Thanks to An IISer... though a bit belated!

Would like to register my great satisfaction of having the pleasure of dealing with Martin Pugh a few weeks ago over the purchase of his 90mm Coronado SMII Solar scope.

We caught up half-way from each other (I flew in from via Singapore to Sydney) @ Mittagong being the rendevous point and it was a very smooth deal all round; me handing over the balance of the cash and Martin the solar scope of course. We thought it a bit funny if the men-in-blue would have chanced upon us "dealing" the way we did; by the side of the road!

I can attest to the fact that should you ever buy anything he puts up for sale that he does a very professional job at packaging the item and this one is no different as he had double-packed the scope which ultimately prevented it's premature demise at the hands of the couriers (DHL) after I sent it back to Perth! You see, Martin had taken extra trouble to affix the "ShockWatch" sensors on the box and they were all OK when I received the scope but not after it arrived in Perth! Mind you those sensors register after a 10G shock threshold. To think that I took extra precaution to NOT having the scope back with me as checked-in luggage!! Wonder what happened there?

I'm a happy camper now with having tested the solar scope and it's all fine and now to learn how to do a bit of imaging with it soon...

Thought a bit of bouquet for Martin is in order here thanks mate for a very pleasant deal...

Cheers
Bill
Old 22-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Martin Pugh

Hi Bill and thanks very much for this post. While the transaction took dome months to complete (with the scope being in the US), you were true to your word.

Suffice it to say, I am delighted the scope finally arrived in good condition and I hope you wrote to DHL to express your delight in their handling.

All the best and be sure to post that first light.

Cheers
Martin