Old 16-07-2013, 07:44 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Small camera bag recommendations.

Looking for some advice on a slightly larger camera bag for my new mid size camera.I have been using my current bag (see images) for my G12,but my new G1X is an 'up' version of it,and I will use it now.Not sure who Canon gets to design its G series-this one looks like the toddlers with lego bricks came up with design,but its a mighty powerful camera with lots of functionality a DSLR user can use,when DSLR cameras are banned from outings.

My current bag does just fit in the G1X,but,little room for battery etc,and its shoved in tight,so padding would not help much if bumped.So I need the next size up,not too big-so if anyone has one a bit bigger than ones in my images-please let me know model,and where I can get one.thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0180 LOW RES G1X 1.jpg)
190.3 KB18 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0183 LOW RES G1X 2.jpg)
178.8 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0185 low res 3 G1X.jpg)
176.8 KB11 views
Old 17-07-2013, 11:51 PM
04Stefan07 (Stefan)
Make it so! - Capt.Picard

Hi Chris.

Nice camera! How does it perform?

Just did some searching around for appropriate bags for your camera and came across this:
http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod8643.htm

Scroll down and you will see the additional bags you can choose from to suit your camera.
Old 18-07-2013, 06:25 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Thanks Stephan,I'll check those out.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNISEX-Sm...1fb705b&_uhb=1

I did find the above,it might have a little extra size for my keys to python locks,and all the extra SD cards I carry in such a bag,I use such kit and such a camera in the bush when walking to check trail cameras.Also the above comes in bright red-very handy for finding in car etc.

As for the use of G1X,it has 1920 by 1080 p which is very useful for me.Will take a while to get use to hold,very 'blocky' shape.But does take RAW in manual,can take external flash.It appears a notch up from G12.I'll post some images and reports as I use it more.