Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-09-2018, 06:19 AM
blindman
Now I see !!!

5G network - do you know what it is?

What can be done to prevent 5G coming to Australia?
Any smart suggestion?
Did you fall on false promise that you would be able to download movie in seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkGrhTipe4

Hope you will have nerves to watch some downsides of 5G (link above).
Old 20-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Reputable source. Not.

To save everyone, here's the about section of that nutjob's YouTube channel:

<quote>
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY CHANNEL, THIS STARTED OUT AS A SHOWCASE FOR MY WORK, AND AFTER NOT TOO LONG I STARTED POSTING CHEMTRAILS. I LIVE IN A TOWN SLIGHTLY NORTH OF BOSTON MA. AND BEING TRAPPED IN THE LIBERAL CAPITOL OF THE WORLD FOUND MYSELF QUACKING AWAY AT MY CELL PHONE TO SPREAD THE THOUGHTS I WAS HAVING ON THE FAKERY, AND BULL**** BEING FOISTED ON US A SOCIETY EVERYDAY, IF YOUR CLOSE MINDED OR SET IN YOUR WAYS. LEAVE, LEAVE NOW. THERES NO WAY TO KNOW ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE BECAUSE THE WEALTHY OR ELITES HAVE WRITTEN OUR HISTORY AND ONLY ALLOWED US TO KNOW WHAT THEY ANT US TO KNOW, THAT GOES FOR THE INTERNET AS WELL, THEY OWN IT AND THEY STARTED IT BACK IN 89 AT NONE OTHER THE CERN(THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER) SO BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK YOU "KNOW" BECAUSE AGAIN, WERE LIVING IN A RICH MANS WORLD, AND ALL "TRUTHS: ARE UP FOR DEBATE AND NO DOUBT AN ILLUSION. RFB
</quote>

Says it all.

H
Old 20-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Reputable source. Not.

<quote>
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY CHANNEL, THIS STARTED OUT AS A SHOWCASE FOR MY WORK, AND AFTER NOT TOO LONG I STARTED POSTING CHEMTRAILS. I LIVE IN A TOWN SLIGHTLY NORTH OF BOSTON MA. AND BEING TRAPPED IN THE LIBERAL CAPITOL OF THE WORLD FOUND MYSELF QUACKING AWAY AT MY CELL PHONE TO SPREAD THE THOUGHTS I WAS HAVING ON THE FAKERY, AND BULL**** BEING FOISTED ON US A SOCIETY EVERYDAY, IF YOUR CLOSE MINDED OR SET IN YOUR WAYS. LEAVE, LEAVE NOW. THERES NO WAY TO KNOW ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE BECAUSE THE WEALTHY OR ELITES HAVE WRITTEN OUR HISTORY AND ONLY ALLOWED US TO KNOW WHAT THEY ANT US TO KNOW, THAT GOES FOR THE INTERNET AS WELL, THEY OWN IT AND THEY STARTED IT BACK IN 89 AT NONE OTHER THE CERN(THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER) SO BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK YOU "KNOW" BECAUSE AGAIN, WERE LIVING IN A RICH MANS WORLD, AND ALL "TRUTHS: ARE UP FOR DEBATE AND NO DOUBT AN ILLUSION. RFB
</quote>

Says it all.

H
Think someones tin foil hat fell off
Old 20-09-2018, 06:12 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

He scaled his tinfoil hat up to lead sheet and it crushed his skull and caused lead sepsis
Old 21-09-2018, 04:07 AM
blindman
Now I see !!!

So you think it is healthy, etc....
OMG
Old 21-09-2018, 09:35 AM
doppler (Rick)

I'm sure it was not that long ago that we were warned not to talk on our mobiles too long as we were slowly cooking our brains. With unlimited talk now available we are really baking them. Capitalism doesn't care about health or well being.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
OMG
Yes very I love bathing in 5g radiation it kills off any early cancer cells and helps you live longer
Old 21-09-2018, 11:21 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

It must be true ...I saw it on ' YouTube ' ...
Old 21-09-2018, 11:42 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
OMG
  • Healthy, as in it promotes a change in health? no
  • Healthy as is destroys your health? no
  • Healthy, as in it improves your health? no
  • Don't know in what context "etc...." means... so.
A lot of people disemminate misinformation without rigorous scientific backing. I understand the urge to propagate fear and conspiracies as it give some individuals their 15 minutes of "fame", but honestly, on this forum you should select sources that are much more bullet-proof in their scientific method than the one you provided. Anything less will really get ridiculed.

umm... what's you question again?

P.S. as for chemtrails... I seem them all the time when I drive through Colorado (they recently legalized marijuana).
Old 21-09-2018, 11:49 AM
Lee
Colour is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Reputable source. Not.

<quote>
</quote>

Says it all.

H

Chemtrails.... yawn..... read enough.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:12 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

He's even less interesting than the really camp Secureteam on PooTube.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:20 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I got as far as "AND AFTER NOT TOO LONG I STARTED POSTING CHEMTRAILS" before "Not wasting oxygen by watching that" set in.

Mention chemtrails, and I would have trouble making myself agree with you that the sky is in fact blue when it is clear.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Lee
Colour is over-rated

So now do I have to ridicule the 5G conspiracy theorists along with the chemtrail/flat earther/Apollo-hoax crowds? I don't have time to poke fun at more clowns.....
Old 21-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So now do I have to ridicule the 5G conspiracy theorists along with the chemtrail/flat earther/Apollo-hoax crowds? I don't have time to poke fun at more clowns.....
Yep apparently
Old 21-09-2018, 05:20 PM
silv (Annette)

Stopped watching at 2:14. Stopped reading at "chemtrails"

I'm not concerned about the huge required buildup on antenna cells on structures. (Interesting economic driver though as per the beginning of the clip.)

I'm concerned about the wearables we'll be carrying at our bodies their antennae and their radiation concentration.

Regarding the bands of 2.5GHz and below where some ISPs plan to reserve for InternetOfThings (German Telecom said they'll be reserving 900MHz for IoT in a Berlin's test network. So 900MHz is a relevant figure for things we might be carrying around in the future.) :

From this year's published experiments https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29537695on the 900 and 1900MHz bands, we know there's a chance that hours long exposure causes cancer in humans if the cells don't get a recuperating phase before the next dose. Experiment was done with rats and mice. The 900Mhz exposure did it for old rats, not the young, the damage was smaller if there was a recuperating phase of x days. Nothing happened for mice at 1900MHz, though.
Other peer-reviewed articles look at memory loss and other effects on brain organs.
I have not read of experiments like the rat-mice one where effects of different frequencies plus exposure length are compared. So there's a huge gap in the science.

Why is that concerning? For example, BMW is developing a smart suit for motor cyclists: a lot of antennae in almost direct contact with all sorts of body parts, soft and hard tissue, bone and muscle. You will want to know that you shouldn't wear that suit for, just as an example, more than 6 hours per week, wouldn't you? Or BMW would want to know that their little smart dots shouldn't be placed directly above body part X. Or their communication should, just as an example, use frequencies upward from 5GHz and not the Telecom band for IoT.

Alas, the science in this field is not yet advanced enough. Partly because there's a lot of money in the mobile business and disinformation tactics from BigTobacco and BigOil did and do get applied here, as well. What the different frequencies do to our different body areas/cells has not been established, yet.

Body cells are different within one body and do differ from body to body, too, in terms of water content and whatnot. So not every person develops cancer or other cell damaging from an exposure. And frequencies don't affect all body cells alike.
But you'll want to know whether your body cells are prone to suffer damages. Once you'll all be wearing headgear, wristbands, smart suits - you - or your kids&grandkids - will want to know
Old 21-09-2018, 06:16 PM
doppler (Rick)

Didn't watch any of "that" video, but not knowing anything about 5g networks did a bit of googling and some of the information out there does raise concern especially about the lack of research on it's effects on us, more so given the massive size of the projected deployment.

I googled 5g radiation, there seems to be a lot of web sites discussing the harmful effects of EMF radiation, surely they are not all conspiracy nutters?
Old 21-09-2018, 09:55 PM
netwolf

Setting aside all the conspiracy nutters to one side. We are in a bit of mess in this world in a large part because we jump to capitalise on new technology before we think through the consequences. There is no denying that it’s human nature to want capitalise and get ahead, and often as history has shown this has been at the expense of future consequences. Recently I watched a video where Google invited Frank Abagnale, Jr. (the man who’s life the movie “catch me if you can” was based). In that talk Frank raised a very good point regarding security and how we race towards adopting and selling technology before thinking through consequences in terms of security. Like the home Echo (another example is home IP security cameras) devices that potentially could allow someone to hack and listen to your conversations. The point he was making is that before releasing such technology what has the company behind it done to test its security. Similarl6 with any technology what requirement is government making of new technology innovators to check and verify that there are no long term consequences. An example one could give is Asbestos.

I also have a 3d printer which I have connected via Octoprint, but I don’t allow access to it via internet. However I am sure someone with enough time on there hands could hack it. Recently there was an article on how many 3d printers are open to the internet because people have not secured them properly. Just another example.

I am far from being a conspiracy nut and have worked in IT for over 20 years (most of that at HP and some at Optus) and have a degree in Engineering. So I am the last one to be anti technology , but age and experience have enlightened me to think that we often look before we leap. And a great part of that is that is also due to bottom line thinking in our business world.
Old 21-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Oddity (Andrew)

Is hacking of 3d printers a common problem? What do the hackers print?
Old 22-09-2018, 12:05 AM
DarkArts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Is hacking of 3d printers a common problem? What do the hackers print?
Maybe it's just me, but my mind immediately goes to the kind of prank that gets pulled at the proverbial office Christmas party.

Your 3D printer designs get hacked; you think you're printing that children's toy, but out comes a lifesize ____.
Old 22-09-2018, 02:24 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
It must be true ...I saw it on ' YouTube ' ...
I LOL'd... reminded me of the saying "Wikipedia is a lot like the bible. Just because a lot of people contributed to it does not make it accurate."