Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Tinderboxsky (Steve)
I can see clearly now ...

T Ring for Olympus OMD series

I am looking for a T Ring to suit my Olympus OMD EM5 DSLR. Please PM me if you have one available for sale. Thank You.
Old 16-09-2018, 11:03 AM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

Hi Steve, have attached pic of an Olympus T-Ring from my old OM-1N. I assume that your newer camera accepts the old OM lenses? If so, this T-Ring should fit. Yours gratis if it suits. Cheers, Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (T- OM .jpg)
109.1 KB9 views

Last edited by UniPol; 16-09-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 16-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Tinderboxsky (Steve)
I can see clearly now ...

Thank you for your very generous offer Steve.
The Olympus OMD EM5 was the first micro four thirds compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. It is much smaller than the older OM series of full frame SLR cameras. Your T-ring seems to reference the OM series and would not fit the micro four thirds format.
I have found some online references to the required T-ring as a “T-ring Micro Four Thirds” - T2 lens adaptor ring for micro 4/3 dSLR cameras.
Is the internal diameter of your T-ring about 43 mm? I have an Olympus SLR T-ring of this size which will not fit. I think the internal diameter for the T-ring I am looking for will be just under 38 mm judging by the aperture of the lens socket on the camera body.
Cheers
Steve.
Old 18-09-2018, 10:08 AM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

Yes, my T-Ring has an internal diameter of 43mm. From my research the most basic adapter for the OM to OMD is an Olympus MF-1 which is quite expensive or alternatively Chinese clones on ebay which are very cheap. Olympus also make adapters which incorporate the contacts necessary for the electronic side of things. Sounds like the 4/3 T2 adapter would be suitable but imaging would have to be done manually. Cheers, Steve