Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 25-12-2019, 01:17 PM
sl

Denkmeier LOA 3-D set (3 eyepieces)

I am selling a matched pair of the Denkmeier LOA 21mm "3-D" eyepieces. While these are a bit of a gimmick, they do actually make observing some of the brighter targets (especially open and globular clusters) a bit more fun - great for public observing and non-astronomy friends. Also included is a "Neutral" 21mm so you have a matched pair of ordinary eyepieces plus the LOA eyepiece for a bit of fun. As ordinary 21mm eyepieces they are very nice. I would rate them sharper in the centre of the field than my 24mm Panoptics but slightly softer at the edge of the field when used in my 20-inch f/5 Newtonian (no coma corrector).

Read the reviews on the Denkmeier web page and other places so you can make your own judgement whether they are worth it. 21mm focal length, 65 degree apparent field. The web page does not state their optical design, but I an guessing that they are some form of Plossl. They work in any binoviewer, not just the Denkmeier ones.

https://www.denkmeier.com/product-pa...-eyepiece-pair

Cost new in US$ is:

$ 549 LOA 21mm pair of eyepieces
$ 149 LOA Neutral eyepiece

or a bit over AU$1000.

These eyepieces have only been used a couple of times and are essentially brand new. They were part of a binocular system that I've just sold for a friend. I am hoping to get near $700 for these 3 quality eyepieces, but open to offers. Please send PM with offers.

~ Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Bino_eyepieces.jpg)
162.1 KB88 views
Old 25-01-2020, 10:56 PM
sl

The proverbial bump.

These are good eyepieces for any binoviewer. Make me an offer.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Mokusatsu (Australia)

Eyepieces

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why these wouldn't work in a big binocular? The mounted type with interchangeable eyepieces?

There's nothing specific about binoviewers that these rely on to work?
Old 10-02-2020, 07:26 PM
sl

These are standard 1.25-inch barrel eyepieces and will work in any sort of binocular-type instrument - binoviewer, binocular telescope or big binoculars. The 3-D effect will be seen in any of these instruments. Swap out the fancy 3-D eyepiece and insert the "neutral" eyepiece and you just have a matched pair of very nice 21mm 65-degree apparent field eyepieces.