Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 23-12-2018, 01:39 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Black Diamond 10" F4.7 Newtonian OTA

I have decided to start selling up quite a bit of my kit, moving onto other things.

1st I have my SW Black Diamond 10" F4.7 F/L-1200mm OTA with 4 Tube Rings & a long long 800mm Home-made Alu 15mm thick Dovetail bar designed for a Losmandy Saddle. Also includes the 2" 28mm stock eyepiece.
I can also offer the ota with the original 2 ring arrangement and vixen style bar. see pricings below.

Note 1) I have 'hollowed' out the tube-ring mountings for the dovetail-bar (see pic # 3) This gives much improved stability as I have found these SW ring-set bases are 'slightly convex' and can/will flex at this point ! Hollowing this joint out gives two points of contact on each ring securing a firm and solid connection between them and dovetail bars. .

Note 2) Also made a home-made Alu bracket custom fitted to the focuser for mounting the standard motor-focuser - belt-drive, further details on request ? (see last pic)

Quite a chunky & very rigid combo, weight = 16 kilo with Finder included, and has been driven comfortably by my Neq6p mount.
Very clean unit inside & out, no scratches, dents or the like anywhere. The scope is approx 6-7 yr old and the optics are still fantastic for visual and imaging - tho I have found it tricky to collimate really well with regards to a small pixel mono planetary camera, not the best match-up; that said, I have collected some very nice images with the deepsky cameras on this scope which I will add at a later date.

Asking $500 firm, with the four ring set and home-made losmandy fit bar 'OR' $400 with the original two rings and vixen bar.
Prefer pick-up SE QLD at this stage as I will need to source some boxing/packaging etc, otherwise I will need to add expenses and shipping costs if you request shipping ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (W0_5085M1.jpg)
87.3 KB100 views
Click for full-size image (W1_5092M1.jpg)
120.4 KB90 views
Click for full-size image (W2_5089M1Crop.jpg)
63.4 KB86 views
Click for full-size image (W4_5094M1.jpg)
85.9 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (W5_5095M1.jpg)
93.9 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (W6_5097M1.jpg)
76.0 KB79 views
Click for full-size image (W7_5096M1.jpg)
77.6 KB79 views
Click for full-size image (W3_5084M1Crop.jpg)
113.4 KB89 views

Last edited by astronobob; 12-01-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 31-12-2018, 02:17 AM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

In above reference to "Note 2" the standard motor-focuser I mentioned is this one --> pic attached.
I have made it to drive via a belt, the type one would use in relation with RC Cars which are readily available at any RC dealers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Focus motor Orion.JPG)
26.9 KB6 views