Old 22-05-2020, 12:12 AM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

Snowing in Blackheath

Not much chance of getting in some viewing this morning, just looked out the front (1.00 a.m.) and what do you know, snowing and it's only May. Took a pic of my wife's car, might be stuck indoors tomorrow if this keeps up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Snow 22 May 20.jpg)
126.2 KB116 views
Old 22-05-2020, 01:39 AM
glend (Glen)

Great. Hope it sticks around. I miss the snow.
Old 22-05-2020, 06:57 AM
vlazg (George)

I lived in Lithgow for 30 years and now live in Darwin, i do not miss the cold one bit, give me heat and humidity any day.
But it is 20 deg at the moment, time to get out the winter woolies.
Old 22-05-2020, 07:13 AM
The Mekon (John Briggs)

But for Covid 19, I would have been at the SPSP. I wonder if it snowed at Ilford?
Old 23-05-2020, 08:06 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

It snowed in Canberra a LITTLE yesterday. I was standing out near Mitchell talking to a mate, and little flakes were flying around (promptly melting). Turned into drizzle, which was unsatisfyingly cold.

But this was my car roof a couple days ago. Doesn't compare to yours Steve, but I reckon we are going to get some good falls IN Canberra this year, and not just on Mt. Ainslie, Black Mountain and The Brindabellas etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0919.jpg)
198.9 KB40 views
Old 23-05-2020, 09:20 PM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

I don't know how I end up in cold places, we lived in Canberra for ten years back in the 1970's, now living in Blackheath, some people say Bleakheath or Whiteheath when it snows. Back in Canberra in the early 1980's I recall having a couple of PE classes, my main teaching subject was Industrial Arts though at Charnwood High School which had a great view of the Brindabellas. I hated winter, those black clouds over the mountains only meant one thing and the kids new it. The wind coming off those snow ridden mountains was nasty and the kids were blue with cold out on the fields, no standing around, we did everything from hockey, soccer, tennis, athletics etc. On very nasty days it was into the gym for medicine ball and other games but only if there weren't any other classes at the time. Ah, memories. Even taught in the UK for a time, boy that was miserable in winter, playground and bus duty being the worst. Try and stay inside these days with the central heating on high, bliss, not bliss when I get the gas bill though.

Last edited by UniPol; 24-05-2020 at 09:55 AM.