Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

FireCapture .

Having just acquired an AS120MC CMOS camera I was going through the instructions and options (unusual for me ) and in FireCapture discovered the inbuilt Autoguide feature.
I have yet to explore FireCapture but I am assuming that this means that in some cases the mount can controlled to follow the object without the need to have another guide setup.
The ZWO AS cameras have a guide port connection so effectively I should be able to plug the ST4 cable in and guide ( and control ) directly from FireCapture. (ASCOM is supported)
Am I assuming too much or missreading something ?
Any FireCapture experts out there ?
Looks too good to be true almost ...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM
alocky (Andrew lockwood)
PI popular people's front

If you're guiding on a planet it works - apparently. I've yet to get it to work with my G11 (non Gemini) on the sun. Might have another go as the software has gone through a few evolutions since I last tried.
But what you have stated is what it claims to do, so, 'yes'!
Cheers,
Andrew.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Chkd out FireCapture last night, 3 km across the valley at a church building.. still socked in with clouds and rain.
Very impressive piece of SW, lots of twiddly bits to play with. Ran a vid and stacked in AstroStakkert, found the guide option ( although camera was just sitting on my 80mm on a tripod ). Can't wait to see if I can get it all to come together on the mount.

Begone ye pesky clouds !!