Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2020, 03:54 PM
glend (Glen)

Update on Andrews GSO Shipment -first in 2020

I rang Andrews today to ask about a few things supposedly coming in the first GSO Shipment of 2020. The website has been saying it was due very early in the new year. Well it is not in sight just yet. I was told that they would know more about arrival time by the end of this month. It seems the shipment is being held up by the completion of the RC14s they requested.
I asked if they were getting the new 10" f12 Cassegrain, which is on sale overseas (Agena Astro for example), but was advised that they had not ordered any in this shipment.
That is all.
Old 16-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Sayfog (Alistair)

Oh man I wish his website popped up on Google a bit more, I recently orders a 25mm GSO spacer from Agena that I could have got quicker and cheaper locally....
Old 16-01-2020, 11:52 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayfog View Post
Oh man I wish his website popped up on Google a bit more, I recently orders a 25mm GSO spacer from Agena that I could have got quicker and cheaper locally....
I don't think Google can get too far down in Andrews content pages in a search. Unlike Bintel where searching can pick up product specifics. I Don't know the technical reason, some here will, but maybe it has to do with content format.
Old 16-01-2020, 02:24 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

This issue Glen is that Andrews "webpage" is more akin to uploaded screenshots of their "catalogue" and is not a database or similar, nor interactive or ordering receptive at all.

You can search within the page for a specific word by using CTRL-F, but that's it. Literally, their webpage is something out of the 1990's.

In this day and age of businesses not being able to rely on word of mouth any more, they really need to update to a professionally done, searchable website.
Old 16-01-2020, 02:46 PM
gjr80 (Gary)

Maybe so but something seems to be working; I find it amusing that if I google 'GSO spacer' the Andrews GSO page comes up as hit number 5 (with mention of M42 spacer in the synopsis) and the Bintel GSO spacer page comes up as hit number 6.

Gary