Old 22-06-2008, 04:38 PM
TrevorW

Pentax Owners

Please leave a response if you own a Pentax DSLR particularly a K100d or a Pentax owner who has had trouble with Pentax version of remote assistant. Thanks Stephen for your response to my PM but I thought this may be a quicker way to ellicit feedback

Thanks

Last edited by TrevorW; 22-06-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 23-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Karls48 (Karl)

It doesn’t work with my Pentax K100D Super. But it is not a problem as I got Aputure Timer Remote control. So I don’t have to drag out laptop when I do imagining with Pentax
Old 25-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Trevor

I have the Pentax *ist DS and I believe that Pentax Remote Assistant (PRA) was designed and released for the earlier (semi-pro?) Pentax *ist D, not the (consumer) *ist DS.

I did download PRA and it worked on my *ist DS but after a couple of firmware updates, it ceased to work – it appears that Pentax crippled it for their consumer range of DSLRs.

However, I had the previous Firmware (2.0 IIRC) so I re-loaded that and PRA worked again.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 26-06-2008, 03:43 PM
TrevorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Trevor

I have the Pentax *ist DS and I believe that Pentax Remote Assistant (PRA) was designed and released for the earlier (semi-pro?) Pentax *ist D, not the (consumer) *ist DS.

I did download PRA and it worked on my *ist DS but after a couple of firmware updates, it ceased to work – it appears that Pentax crippled it for their consumer range of DSLRs.

However, I had the previous Firmware (2.0 IIRC) so I re-loaded that and PRA worked again.

Cheers

Dennis
It appears Pentax are only supporting certain DSLR cameras with remote assistant. I'm loathe to change the firmware

I'm not happy as I brought the camera with the impression it had this option.

Regards