Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 14-09-2018, 01:30 PM
boz_m (Alexander)

Celestron C8 SCT (OTA only) + 0.63x reducer

Hi all,

I have a C8 that i am looking to sell as i have recently upgraded. OTA and finder scope only (so no mount, guide scope etc, i can include an old diagonal and a few basic eyepieces i think, will have to see what is there). Also comes with the Celestron 0.63x reducer. In good condition, a few wear and tear marks on the tube and the front glass could do with a clean (i can probably give it a go over the weekend). Great scope for getting good views of the planets as well as using the 0.63x reducer to get some deep space shots (same as this one https://www.bintel.com.au/product/ce...hoCXAUQAvD_BwE (.

I purchased the scope second hand so not exactly sure how old it I would say 10 years, though still in good nic. I am not at home at the moment, so i only have a shot of the complete setup, but over the weekend i will try to upload more of the optics etc.

Everything taken on my instagram (except for the most recent 3 shots) were done using this C8 using a 6D Canon camera and my Celestron AVX mount. I am still learning how to capture and process so go easy on my pics!!!! Ignore the first few deep space ones probably as i was just learning how to process. https://www.instagram.com/boz_m/

Asking $600 for both the OTA and the reducer together. I probably wouldn't consider splitting them up considering whoever buys the OTA will likely want the reducer.

Let me know if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
174.1 KB318 views

Last edited by boz_m; 11-10-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 16-09-2018, 08:03 PM
SuperG

sent a PM
Old 19-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Andy Walters (Andy)
andyw

8"sct

any more photo's?
Old 23-09-2018, 02:37 PM
boz_m (Alexander)

Hi all,

Sorry for taking a while to get more photos up. Find attached.

Included is:
- Celestron C8 OTA (with finder scope and DSLR connection on top so you can use the mount to track using just the DSLR for wide angle shots, has starbright coating)
- Dovetail underneath (i think it is vixen size???)
- Dew shield
- Diagonal (needs a good clean though)
- Other bits and bobs like 2" to 1.25" connection so you can get your diagonal in, T-Ring adaptor for a DSLR (if you want it)
- 0.63x reducer (which goes for like $300 at bintel)

Not included:
- Mount
- Eyepieces (though i have a few old ones i probably am not using if you want them)

As mentioned, the OTA isn't new and so has the usual scratches and marks, but nothing that would get in the way of performance. Everything taken on my instagram (except for the most recent couple) was taken with this scope (again, excuse my poor processing, and you can see how much i improved over a couple of weeks as i got the hang of it). https://www.instagram.com/boz_m/

Also find here some raw shots (no stacking or processing) that comes straight out of the OTA to my Canon 6D DSLR (full frame). Note that as it is full frame you get a very wide field of view and so you see the edges that aren't very flat. The middle is crisp though. I think this scope suits a cropped sensor for this reason (or a full frame like mine, but i just use the middle data). https://imgur.com/a/bmTcz2s

I have had some interest though no one has committed yet as i thing people were waiting for more shots. Let me know if anyone wants the lot for $700. Might consider splitting up the OTA and the reducer and sell separately if there is demand).

Cheers, Alex.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (7.jpg)
177.7 KB117 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
156.1 KB103 views
Click for full-size image (8.jpg)
172.3 KB108 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
154.9 KB92 views

Last edited by boz_m; 23-09-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 AM
boz_m (Alexander)

Price drop to $600 for both the reducer and the OTA.
Let me know if interested.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Capt_buscemi (Mark)

PM sent