Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 13-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Skysketcher (Deirdre)

My little video with BIG wishes on the Star Epsilon Eridani

My little video with BIG wishes on the Star Epsilon Eridani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-s8SQ8EAjw

We're wishing on the Star Epsilon Eridani in the Constellation Eridanus. Our video will be sent into space to Epsilon Eridani within a radio wave from Blackrock Castle Observatory in Co Cork Ireland at the end of 2013 and arrive at the star in 2023

Concept , Direction and Design Deirdre Kelleghan with some of the boys from St Cronans Stargazers Bray Co Wicklow Ireland. My idea was to make a video that was both educational and full of hope for Ireland and the world as I think we all need a bit of hope these days.

The boys that speak in the video are members of my children's astronomy club (St Cronans Stargazers) here in Bray Co Wicklow. We made this video together at their school on the night of March 20th 2013 and now it is finally ready.
I am totally indebted to the children who took part, the parents who gave their time and enthusiasm and to St Cronans National School who fully embraced the project. Ciaran Mulligan (Sound Engineer) and Paul Ward (Film Camera) gave their time and professionalism free to help me make this happen. Huge thanks to everyone involved. Thanks to the school choir for the music.
Including Leigh Harline and Ned Washington for their beautiful song "When You Wish Upon A Star" I have loved it all my life. Deirdre

Message to Space is now International

Send your own message to Space here
http://gatheringthegathering.com/