Old 12-11-2013, 07:31 PM
gregbradley

Filter wheel not connecting in the Sky X

I decided to start using the Sky X to control the camera etc as it has some nice new features over CCDsoft.

Everything connected without a hitch except the FLI Filter wheel.

It connects in CCDsoft. I copied the .dll from CCDsoft filter wheel plugin folder into the Sky X and no joy.

Any suggestions? Perhaps my camera plugin needs an update.

Greg.
Old 13-11-2013, 05:30 PM
frolinmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Everything connected without a hitch except the FLI Filter wheel.
What error do you get when you try to connect to the filter wheel?

Quote:
Any suggestions?
Other than asking Richard Wright and/or Evan Warkentine over on the Bisque forums why you're getting whatever error it is that you're getting, not really.

The FLI site says:

"Plug-in support for TheSkyX is distributed in the software installation for TheSkyX and/or TheSkyX daily build. Windows users will still need to download the FLI Software Installation Kit (above) for device driver installation."

So it looks like given whatever error message you're getting, one of the above mentioned guys should be able to provide advise.
Old 14-11-2013, 04:19 PM
gregbradley

Perhaps FLI has updated its driver as well to be compatible with Sky X.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Greg.
Old 14-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

I don't know why ppl bother fighting with SkyX trying to make it do everything on an OBS PC . Sky 6 And DL5 is rock solid and just works, all the time. SkyX will too one day, but why be a testing bunny?.

I like SkyX on my PC at home, use it all the time for planning etc, but in the OBS, all it does is point and (albeit with pinpoint) provide modeling and PME contol, extra features not related to just that are fluff IMO. Unless you like the latest regardless and much fiddling, good luck :-).
Old 15-11-2013, 03:26 AM
frolinmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
I don't know why ppl bother fighting with SkyX trying to make it do everything on an OBS PC .
I've never had to fight with it. It just plain works for me. It saves me gobs of money over purchasing Maxim and Pinpoint. TheSky6 is practically useless by comparison and I haven't had any use for it in years.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:06 AM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Quote:
Perhaps FLI has updated its driver as well to be compatible with Sky X.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Greg.
It's always the other way around lol
Old 15-11-2013, 12:26 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Hi Greg,

I'm at an imaging conference in Tucson today/tomorrow. The guy from FLI that was at AAIC is here and if you like I can put this question to him. I'll let you know tomorrow what he has to say about this!

Peter

PS Great lecture today by Adam Block on his method of blending in Ha data to RGB using CCDStack/photoshop. I've got the whole 3 hours on a thumb drive so that will be a great reference in future. Might be of interest to you as I know you use these two programs as well.
Old 15-11-2013, 04:30 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke View Post
It's always the other way around lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Hi Greg,

I'm at an imaging conference in Tucson today/tomorrow. The guy from FLI that was at AAIC is here and if you like I can put this question to him. I'll let you know tomorrow what he has to say about this!

Peter

PS Great lecture today by Adam Block on his method of blending in Ha data to RGB using CCDStack/photoshop. I've got the whole 3 hours on a thumb drive so that will be a great reference in future. Might be of interest to you as I know you use these two programs as well.

Sounds very interesting. Is it a different approach to the one in his DVD series where he does a Luminance and red channel blend?

If you can ask the guys from FLI that would be helpful. In the meantime I will run their FLI Setup program again in case they have updated their drivers.

Greg.
Old 17-11-2013, 02:36 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Greg,

Sorry I couldn't get to the computer yesterday. Over the past two days I've spoken with Richard Wright (Software Bisque), and Gary and Greg from FLI. Nobody knows the answer to your problem (big surprise), but all agree that Evan Warkentine is your best source of info given that he has written the driver for SB and the FLI camera. I don't have Evan's email but Richard Wright promised me that he would email you directly with it tonight.

Re Adam's talk, well, yes it probably is pretty much the same technique but I know he has added a few twists and turns and somewhat different ways of doing things. You are most welcome to borrow the disc if you like after I get back.

Peter
Old 20-11-2013, 06:20 PM
gregbradley

Thanks Richard and Evan have emailed me. I have sent Evan an answer to his question.

Greg.
Old 22-11-2013, 02:44 PM
gregbradley

It sounds like a detection issue. Evan has given me some diagnostic software to run to see which areas the Sky X searches for connected devices. CCDsoft clearly looks in more places!

I'll be running that on the weekend.

Greg.