Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy

Old 16-12-2015, 09:12 PM
BarneyMaroon (Tony)

Online evening observation list generator

I am very new to astronomy and wanted a simple way to generate a useful night sky observation list that I could research when I am not observing.

There are some great lists out there (e.g.,BAM600) and a list of the 325 brightest stars (which cover my Meade alignment stars) which have all the detail you need - and some online monthly lists which are short on technical details (e.g. coordinates or SAO/NGC codes).

I have had a crack at using google sheets to allow detailed customized evening lists to be made for google sheets or excel by using a google sheet as a data base.

It also has the ability for users to add items to the "User" list, add short notes/ suggested corrections. Not sure how this will work in practise, but thought it would be interesting to see if others were interested.

Details of the project are at:

https://sites.google.com/site/astrolistmaker/

and

a (view only) sample list can be seen

online.

There are editable versions of the custom lists for non-google users (copy and paste into excel) - however they are public editable. See the project details for access to these.