Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2020, 09:48 PM
bcoote (Brian Coote)

Zwo asi071mc-pro

$1800 including postage in Mainland Australia.
I bought this camera from a member here about 2 months ago. I had ordered a new ASI2600MC-Pro from Bintel in January but with the coronavirus shutdown the delivery date was uncertain. This ASI071MC-Pro allowed me to setup the Canon lenses and guider etc and take my first pretty crappy OSC CMOS images.
This camera has a Anti-Reflection cover glass over the chip and images are much improved with the use of a UV / IR block filter.
When I got the camera it had four tiny spots on the chip cover glass which could be seen faintly on certain types of images despite the use of Flats. I finally removed these from the glass with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and the only thing visible now on very stretched flats is a single dust mote which I will include free of charge.
The Current price of these from Bintel is $2999. I am asking $1800 which is what I paid for it but as far as I can see it is better now than when I got it.
The package is as I received it. The camera, USB-3 cable, 16.5 & 21 mm adapters, a M48 male to M42 Female with 2 thin spacers and the padded case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2538-ASI071MC-PRO.jpg)
125.0 KB80 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2536-ASI071MC-PRO.jpg)
98.6 KB62 views

Last edited by bcoote; 09-04-2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Withdrawing item from sale
Old 07-04-2020, 08:17 AM
spacezebra (Petra)
Lost in Namibia

Pm sent

Cheers Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoote View Post
$1800 including postage in Mainland Australia.
I bought this camera from a member here about 2 months ago. I had ordered a new ASI2600MC-Pro from Bintel in January but with the coronavirus shutdown the delivery date was uncertain. This ASI071MC-Pro allowed me to setup the Canon lenses and guider etc and take my first pretty crappy OSC CMOS images.
This camera has a Anti-Reflection cover glass over the chip and images are much improved with the use of a UV / IR block filter.
When I got the camera it had four tiny spots on the chip cover glass which could be seen faintly on certain types of images despite the use of Flats. I finally removed these from the glass with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and the only thing visible now on very stretched flats is a single dust mote which I will include free of charge.
The Current price of these from Bintel is $2999. I am asking $1800 which is what I paid for it but as far as I can see it is better now than when I got it.
The package is as I received it. The camera, USB-3 cable, 16.5 & 21 mm adapters, a M48 male to M42 Female with 2 thin spacers and the padded case.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:19 AM
spacezebra (Petra)
Lost in Namibia

Hey there
Interested, message previously sent may not have gone through. Would like to see images taken, cheers Petra
Old 09-04-2020, 10:27 PM
bcoote (Brian Coote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacezebra View Post
Hey there
Interested, message previously sent may not have gone through. Would like to see images taken, cheers Petra
Hi Petra, I never received any message I was aware of. I connected up the camera again with my 200mm Canon a few nights ago with a 96% moon and took a set of Eta Carina Nebula and NGC6188 of which I have only processed the Eta Carina set. There was a fair light gradient from the moon and by the time I had eliminated that I'm not sure I have actually proved anything to anyone but myself.
I realise now that it is too big a leap of trust for most here and I will withdraw the camera and use it on a longer FL scope I am getting.
Thanks for the enquiry, Brian