Old 04-04-2020, 10:58 AM
anthony.tony

April CWAS Meeting Parkes NSW

Hello last night we held our CWAS Parkes meeting using ZOOM. very Interesting. 22 members logged in . John Sarkissian Talk on Apollo 13. Plus observing reports etc. Tony...
Old 04-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.tony View Post
Hello last night we held our CWAS Parkes meeting using ZOOM. very Interesting. 22 members logged in . John Sarkissian Talk on Apollo 13. Plus observing reports etc. Tony...
Smart & well done - The ASV & other societies should get into Zoom as well.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:00 PM
anthony.tony

Hello as well as the lockdown .One of our members has cancer she is going through treatment.Another is unwell pacemaker etc. both in their Eighties.John is at home in Canowindra health issues stopped him from getting to some meetings. This is a Lifeline to people who would have troubles attending meetings till things improve for them. It Offers them some Joy and Hope ...Tony.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:56 PM
tim.anderson (Tim Anderson)

If you would like to see the feedback from the meeting, it is here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1omo...ss=1#responses

Select "Responses" at the top of the screen, and then select "Summary".
Old 14-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Paul Haese

Hi Tony, the Astronomical Society of South Australia is looking into holding monthly general meetings via zoom too. We have conducted council meetings via another zoom type programme and it has gone well so far. I think the next step will be Zoom general meetings. It has been a challenging time being president whilst this pandemic has occurred. I'll use your example for our upcoming council meeting as reason to go ahead with using Zoom.
Old 14-04-2020, 04:30 PM
tim.anderson (Tim Anderson)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Hi Tony, the Astronomical Society of South Australia is looking into holding monthly general meetings via zoom too. We have conducted council meetings via another zoom type programme and it has gone well so far. I think the next step will be Zoom general meetings. It has been a challenging time being president whilst this pandemic has occurred. I'll use your example for our upcoming council meeting as reason to go ahead with using Zoom.
Hi Paul

One of the opportunities that video-conferencing brings to groups like ours is the possibility of having talks and presentations from people who would be unlikely to attend face-to-face meetings, even in the best of times.

So if you have anyone who would like to present a talk to one of our CWAS meetings, just let me know - I am sure we can reciprocate.

Tim Anderson