Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk

Old 08-12-2019, 07:38 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

2019 is gone ... Welcome 2020, so what's next?

Hey all,

2019 is already gone and we will welcome the new year if we are still alive, so i am sure everyone has a plan for next year, i am making plans always and always changing due to situations or results or whatever.

Finally i got my OIII 3nm filter last month, did give it a quick try, wasn't bad, still need more time to try it, but i can tell it is way way better than my 6.5nm OIII filter i use [Optolong].

Now i am trying to make a list with all targets i can do with only Ha and OIII until i can manage to bring SII also, but now i am not sure if this time i should bring LRGB first [Astrodon] or SII, because i know i will use SII more with Ha and OIII, but there are targets i want to do with LRGB combined with Ha as well, so not sure if LRGB or SII will see more use regardless of the targets and sky condition i am in.

I used my ZWO filter wheel which is mainly for planetary to mount my Astrodon Ha and OIII, but trying to connect it to my QHY camera caused me all problems i never expected, so now i don't know which filter wheel i can buy to accept my Astrodon/Chroma 1.25" 10mm thickness filters with my QHY163M camera, with QHY filter wheel i can use the short adapter to bring the camera closer, i do have that filter wheel, but i bought an internal disk for 1.25" and to my surprise it didn't accept 10mm Astrodon/Chroma filters, so either i go with their standard version which i don't know if it will accept it, or another filter wheel that can make QHY163M camera closer to the filters, if you know options please tell me so i can finish my problem.

I bought QHY mini guide scope, it fit perfectly for my QHY5 camera, but i still have problems with guiding, and i am trying with one guy locally to figure it out and solve it, and it is with all my guiding setup with any imaging setup, so it is definitely software settings than the equipment itself, but i am still in that position thinking about "To OAG or not", at least for my Newt, i bought this Mini Guide Scope to mount it on my Newt to minimize weight, just not sure if it is FL is sufficient for it, i have to ix and finish with this guiding issue since years, my DSO imaging is all crap due to not making guiding working properly, so this will be my first goal to fix soon.

Honestly speaking, using my Astrodon Ha again is a lot of joy, i did try for Horeshead and Orion and Flaming Star and Rosette targets unguided and they were amazing really, i tried with 5 minutes even unguided, sure the stars or results isn't good unguided, but the target is just right there screaming for better, so i have to quickly setup my gear perfectly as possible as i can and use this Ha/OIII to get nice data then i start new journey ...... "PixInsight Processing", i tried to play with others data, for short time not deep processing steps, got few tips, but i really want to play with my own data, i feel i want to spend 1-5 hours on my own data than others even if my data isn't that good yet, but i am learning now how to make my data as good once i mentioned about my gear setup being fixed, i spent long time now trying without reaching anywhere, and as someone told me, i will focus on one target and my plan is also to use one filter to have enough data of that then move to another filter for same target, sounds this year and last year were just experimenting, so i want to start new year with new plan, and serious one, almost got enough items to make it, always i have one kind of issue when i setup, but i hope this time once everything is right then i enjoy more imaging, it needs patience, i remember in 2017 i thought i will make it in few months, people told me it will take years, so now almost 3 years passed for me, now i have to start better.

I attached Rosette Nebula done with my ST80 again and Astrodon Ha [5min subs unguided] as my setup failed on me with my Canon lens, so i ordered adapters, one for Canon connecting and the other for coma corrector with Newt, let's see how it will go for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Rosette - Nov 2019.jpg)
32.3 KB71 views
Old 08-12-2019, 07:42 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

I know many of you will say that 2019 isn't gone yet, i got that comment a lot somewhere else, but for me the season is already done, i won't shoot or imaging maybe until January, and even if i get a budget soon i will be almost busy to pay for problems or buy small cheap stuff, but i will start seriously next year.

Here is also an image with my Canon lens, but not Astrodon Ha filter, i hope i can fix the problem and back using my lens for imaging, and of course with guiding fixed and i added in the imaging then i will enjoy to have more data and better result i believe, but i need to sort out myself and see what i am capable to do next, always i find out something missing in my setup, but now i think i am almost there with 2 or few items to come then i am at it, just i am sure all the game is with filters if i have a mono cooled camera, so for that i want to continue getting more filters, LRGB or SII as next who knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Heart Nebula.jpg)
101.7 KB52 views
Old 09-12-2019, 02:31 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Again, i ask an admin or a mod please to remove this thread, it is pointless, thanks and i apologize for it.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Why is it pointless? I am also wondering what is in store for next year

Looking at it in 2020 hindsight
Old 09-12-2019, 04:03 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Why is it pointless? I am also wondering what is in store for next year

Looking at it in 2020 hindsight

It is pointless because no answers or comments to it, so i believed no one is interested to reply or say something about it, then no need to keep it like that, that was the point.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

nah it's slow in here sometimes. It's only a small community.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

not to mention its christmas season, so everyones off on holidays!
Old 10-12-2019, 01:54 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
nah it's slow in here sometimes. It's only a small community.

Ah i see, i didn't know, just thought maybe my thread isn't for comments, thanks for telling me.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:55 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
not to mention its christmas season, so everyones off on holidays!

Ok, understood, but i thought that wouldn't stop them to read a bit and comment sometimes, i don't think everyone is busy 24/7, but i got it now, thanks
Old 10-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
Ah i see, i didn't know, just thought maybe my thread isn't for comments, thanks for telling me.
Nothing wrong with the thread Tareq. I love your work I've seen some stunning stuff from you on Facebook
Old 10-12-2019, 08:42 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the thread Tareq. I love your work I've seen some stunning stuff from you on Facebook

Great, thank you very much