Old 10-02-2019, 07:00 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Smile ngc3532

Talk about a busy starfield!!!! This is a 60% crop of the original pic and even now, there are so many stars it's impossible to count them!!! Anyway, this is NGC3532, the Wishing Well, or, Football Cluster. It sits just above the centre of this pic and has an ovoid shape. The cluster lies in an extensive field of stars and nebulae associated with the nearby (in angular separation) Carina Nebula (NGC3372), which hosts the famous star, eta Carina. Lying at a distance of 1321ly (405pc), it's much closer than the nebula (7500ly). Though it's 150 members have an integrated brightness of 3 mag, the individual stars shine at around 7 mag, or fainter. The cluster contains 7 red giants and 7 white dwarfs. Taken with t68 at the Bathurst Observatory (BAT-iTelescope Network), 15 x 60sec subs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ngc3532b_small_IIS.jpg)
223.1 KB65 views
Old 11-02-2019, 10:26 AM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Well, checked out the pic when I had a bad run on the Carina neb last night. Seems this pic is way off target as well. Nice pic, just not near the Wishing Well. But, I'll leave it up here. Looks good, anyway. Pretty pissed that the pointing model on the scope is playing up. And, it's seems to be a continuing problem, even though they were supposed to have fixed it. I've lost a few pics because of this. Got refunded on my points, but they better fix the problem, otherwise no one will use the scope.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:26 PM
cometcatcher (Kevin)
<--- Comet Hale-Bopp

Pretty field. Lots of stars!
Old 12-02-2019, 02:46 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Good to see you imaging again Carl. Hope you're safe and keep dry in Townsville.