Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Old 04-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Marke (Mark)

New Sun spot on its way

New sun spot , I am sure a lot more images coming just got my first from this morning .
Daystar Quark , 127mm ASI174
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (01060-inv.jpg)
120.8 KB47 views
Click for full-size image (01060-.jpg)
199.1 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (2019-05-04-0054_3-R-Sun_3_lapl3_ap40.jpg)
190.5 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (01127.jpg)
60.4 KB40 views
Old 04-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

As we are becoming accustomed to, your images are worth waiting for. Beautiful detail once again and the spot may give us more yet.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
As we are becoming accustomed to, your images are worth waiting for. Beautiful detail once again and the spot may give us more yet.
Cheers let's hope this spot puts on a show and so some good weather to go with it lol
Old 05-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Holy Crap!!

Geez these are fantastic shots Marke...

Can you share some secrets on how you are getting so much detail including chromosphere & proms in the same shot... are they mosaics/layered shots or is there some other deep dark secret to getting these results...

I can't seem to get the level of detail you or Ken get no matter how much I try....

Is it an equipment thing? I have a Lunt 60mm with BF1200 and choice of either ZWO ASI224MC, Canon EOS 1100d or Orion SSAG (not the best choice maybe despite being mono).. sadly, I can't spring for anymore camera's at present

Cheers
Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Well done Mark!
You show the new AR very well and the additional proms add the detail nicely.

I hope the weather breaks down here in the next week.

Carlton, I'll let Mark answer....

I just use Firecapture, AS3! then ImPPG.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Marke (Mark)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Holy Crap!!

Geez these are fantastic shots Marke...

Can you share some secrets on how you are getting so much detail including chromosphere & proms in the same shot... are they mosaics/layered shots or is there some other deep dark secret to getting these results...

I can't seem to get the level of detail you or Ken get no matter how much I try....

Is it an equipment thing? I have a Lunt 60mm with BF1200 and choice of either ZWO ASI224MC, Canon EOS 1100d or Orion SSAG (not the best choice maybe despite being mono).. sadly, I can't spring for anymore camera's at present

Cheers
Wish I could say there was some secret but basically I take the same approach as with planetary . Use the fastest frame rate I can with the 174 Firecapture high speed mode and spend a bit of time with careful focusing and take on average around 5k images at least and stack around 5% of those. Sometimes I take an image for the prom and one for the surface and then blend them together in PS . THe full disk is with an Orion ST80 and 0.5x reducer and gives me full disk with the Quark and I take and image for the proms and disk separately and blend them in PS . The closeups here were single images and using curves in Imppg to give both in the one image rest is just tweaking in PS . The 224 is probably not ideal as you only need a mono camera and its FoV is small compared to the 174 , I know as I have 224 , 174 , 290 and 1600
Old 05-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Cheers to both Ken & you Mark,

Ken has given me advice of a similar nature; (I'm a slow learner.. lol...) I'm not entirely sure if my camera's are quite up to the fast frame rates you guys are using but, I haven't actually had them out attached to my laptop thus far... only to a tablet so, I suspect I'm not getting the full capacity out of any of them... Need to stop being quite so lazy...

Yeah, I'm aware the 224MC probably isn't the best choice overall but, probably the best choice of what I have... gotta start saving pennies for a decent mono camera I think...

Haven't tried ImPPG yet either, although I think I've downloaded it.. need to give it a spin with some of the data I already have maybe...

I have some stacked data (using autostakkert) & still have the original video footage I took though, no where near the number of frames you guys capture... does ImPPG stack video or do I use it after stacking in autostakkert?

Think I have to work hard on my processing skills (both solar & other imaging) to pull better results out of what I have...

Thanks & keep them coming please.. they are both inspirational & a little depressing (compared to my efforts)... I just need to keep plugging away at it & try a little harder...

Cheers
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Cheers to both Ken & you Mark,

Ken has given me advice of a similar nature; (I'm a slow learner.. lol...) I'm not entirely sure if my camera's are quite up to the fast frame rates you guys are using but, I haven't actually had them out attached to my laptop thus far... only to a tablet so, I suspect I'm not getting the full capacity out of any of them... Need to stop being quite so lazy...

Yeah, I'm aware the 224MC probably isn't the best choice overall but, probably the best choice of what I have... gotta start saving pennies for a decent mono camera I think...

Haven't tried ImPPG yet either, although I think I've downloaded it.. need to give it a spin with some of the data I already have maybe...

I have some stacked data (using autostakkert) & still have the original video footage I took though, no where near the number of frames you guys capture... does ImPPG stack video or do I use it after stacking in autostakkert?

Think I have to work hard on my processing skills (both solar & other imaging) to pull better results out of what I have...

Thanks & keep them coming please.. they are both inspirational & a little depressing (compared to my efforts)... I just need to keep plugging away at it & try a little harder...

Cheers
Imppg is just post process mainly for Solar I capture with a PC ,USB3 straight to a dedicated SSD so I can get frame rates in solar around 150fps give or take and down to 40fps for faint proms
Old 05-05-2019, 11:24 AM
JimsShed (Jim)

Oh wow and goodness me!! I just happened to browse by here to be astounded by these incredible images. Man you've got to be proud of this stuff.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsShed View Post
Oh wow and goodness me!! I just happened to browse by here to be astounded by these incredible images. Man you've got to be proud of this stuff.
Cheers I have been happy with the results in getting