Old 04-05-2019, 10:25 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

ASI Air wifi

Well I ordered one.
I hope it is not a pain to make work..I hope I can use my current phone with it for starters but maybe a 10 inch tablet to show photos...
Alex
Old 04-05-2019, 10:29 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It seems to do everything I want except no focus control but that should be along soon..the software updates regularly reflecting users suggestions apparently.

Alex
Old 05-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Hemi

Hey Alex,

It looks brilliant, I’ve had my eye on it for a while. I’m waiting until it does near real time live stacking like sharp cap. The price point is pretty good for what it says on the tin!

Good luck with it, and let us know how you get on.

Hemi
Old 10-05-2019, 02:00 PM
AG Hybrid (Adrian)
A Friendly Nyctophiliac

I have one too. I still haven't set it up as of yet because I didn't have a finder guider for he guide scope. Ordered one of those though. So looking forward to it.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:02 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well I have it now. I started a thread on equipment discussions.
I have not powered up as I want to get a tablet and put skyS on it...It woll be great if it does half of what I hope for.
Alex
Old 10-05-2019, 05:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Just trying to figure out what tablet to get.
Alex
Old 10-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Just trying to figure out what tablet to get.
Alex
you can pick up an ipad mini 2 on ebay for a couple of undred
Old 17-05-2019, 09:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Bought another tablet that should work so hopefully next post will tell how it all works really well.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 09:29 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I bought another tablet after it was demonstrated that it read the wifi signal from asiair.
I am now stuck with downloading the app...apparently you need a scan which despite numerous attempts so far does not work for me...and the alternative to that is to visit zwo (there is a site mentioned in the manual) but can not bring up that site.
I will try again today...so close but still a long way off it seems.
The scanner routine displays and you can see its little bar moving back and forth but then I get a message "SN error"...signal to noise error I wonder? Maybe I need to frame it better or hold it steadier...I dont know.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Russj (Russ)

Alex, you hav'nt said whether you use an ipad or android tablet, I use a cheap Lenova 10" tablet which works fine with the Asiair, just download the app from Google play, its totally painless.

My Asiair is driving a SW Az-Gti in Eq mode with a Canon T3i, it does gotos and tracks as well as my NEQ6, PHd & SGpro.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:30 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russj View Post
Alex, you hav'nt said whether you use an ipad or android tablet, I use a cheap Lenova 10" tablet which works fine with the Asiair, just download the app from Google play, its totally painless.

My Asiair is driving a SW Az-Gti in Eq mode with a Canon T3i, it does gotos and tracks as well as my NEQ6, PHd & SGpro.
My first tablet is a Lenovo which I like very much ...only paid $120. But for whatever reason it did not get the wifi.
The new one is a Samsung and the number on the little book "quick start guide" shows " SM-T595".

So it picks up the wifi and I expect in time I can sort it out on the reasonable assumption that it is me that is doing something wrong..maybe the net connection is a factor as I do have problems here at times..
Anyways I will chip away.
If I dont get anywhere I will email zwo..I emailed them recently to suggest they look into curved sensors and ti my surprise they replied saying they had no plans so I sent another thanking them and pointed out that whoever gets an astro camera with one will kill their competition...wont it be interesting to see if my prediction is correct.
Anyways I feel like I am part of the company now☺.

Thanks for your reassuring post it really helps to hear that it works in those moments when I have not got it working.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Russj (Russ)

Alex, the internet has nothing to do with the ASiair, the ASiair is the net in this case, it is acts like the wifi hotspot on ur phone.

When you power up the Asiair it has its own wifi signal, you need to connect ur tablet to the Asiair wifi, not ur local internet, thats what gives you the connection between the Asiair and the tablet.

Once you get them to talk to each other, then you can connect ur hardware, mount, camera etc.

If you need more details on connection etc, let me know and I will do a workflow on setting up the asiair.

cheers Russ
Old 20-05-2019, 12:54 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Russ
The booklet says..
4.How to install and use app
Scan the QR code on the left to download the app.
You can also visitthe following adress directly through your mobile browser.
zwo.biz/qrcode/aisair.htlm
I have yet to try thise again today.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Hi Alex,
to get the app you can simply go to the "play store" on android and search for "asi air", should come right up. They might have changed the link or something.
Good luck!
Old 20-05-2019, 01:33 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you Logan
The app is loaded but it asks for the qr scan which at this stage does not seem to work..well at least yesterday..I have been meaning to try again but I am real busy with something else. ..I just started the app again and it says...Licience check failed..please take a screen shot ( I dont know how but recall that may be shift prt sc) but you click on the symbol and it starts scaning but goes nowhere.
I will try another scan soon but I am tied up on the other computer trying to work something out...on a chat fix it thing with norton.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 01:39 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Just tried again..the scan window opens and the little line runs back and forth but nothing happens...its still running even though I put it to one side.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 01:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hang on there is something I missed re password earlier so I will back track☺
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 02:06 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Making progress..it accepted the password..but its seems my net connection may be the issue...yhe tablet says its updating so maybe I will leave it all run and see how it is in an hour or two.
It did get to updating firmware but said it lost connection...I presume to the net..anyways got the other ussue that was occupying my time..will have some lunch and start again.
Thanks everyone for your help and really just knowing someone is there really helps.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 03:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

OK I have the app appearing and am trying to get it to see the mount.
It tells me to do a 3 star alignment which I have never done..the mount is inside is there a way I can avoid do this?
Also I am running the cable that came with the heq5 ( without the hand controller) the cable goes from the mount to the asiair...any reason why this should not work?
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 03:11 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So do I do an alignment using the hand controller...cant see another way ...I guess I could use a planaterium and fake a 3 star alignment..from what I gather even though it will be out a plate solve later will overcome that ..I dont know but I cant take the thing outside and anways I cant get a polar alignment here (Sydney) that is more than a ruff guess..I cant see the pole.
Alex