Old 03-01-2016, 08:23 AM
peeb61 (Paul)
Always looking up

MaximDL issues

Hi Folks,

Something weird is happening with MaximDL5, it is not turning on the TEC control for my QHY8L? It recognises the camera, connects and monitors but the temp does not cool, the monitor box for the camera in Maxim power stays at zero, the red light does not light up for the TEC on the DC power box for my camera either?

But all works well with EZCap and Nebulosity?

Any ideas?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated drivers etc and I am still running W7.

Paul
Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

If Maxim is saying what the temperature is on the camera then it should also say what the set temperature is. There was this one time I had my set temperature higher than ambient from the last test run I had done on my QHY9.
My first suggestion would be to double check that you have a - in front of the temperature under "Cooler" in the camera tab.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:38 AM
peeb61 (Paul)
Always looking up

Thanks Colin,

For you ever so quick response! I should have mentioned this in my original post, it is set to -15 and have moved it deeper to try and invoke the TEC but still nothing.

I have tried different temps to no avail...
Old 07-01-2016, 10:08 AM
graham.hobart (Graham stevens)
DeepSkySlacker

maxim dl issues

Just a thought. The original drivers for the original QHY 8 wouldn't change the temp as the original TEC cooler for old style QHY 8 was either on or off and not regulated. Have you tried running it with a QHY8 pro new driver or another QHY driver?
just a thought
Graz
Old 11-01-2016, 08:31 AM
peeb61 (Paul)
Always looking up

Thanks Graham for your thoughts and reply.

I had all sorts of dramas last night on my first imaging run for the year, whilst I thought all was good in Nebulousity and Ezycap...I was wrong!

I was 20 minutes in, and Nebulousity and Ezycap froze up, not responding etc. MaximDL just would not load at all.

After rebooting etc and doing all of the normal's I decided to call it a night.

This morning I pulled the hard drive and re-imaged from an image I created last August. Hopefully this will fix my problems.

I will re-post here with the results at the next available opportunity.

Paul
Old 14-01-2016, 09:19 AM
peeb61 (Paul)
Always looking up

Well I got out on the evening of 13 Jan and manage to get an hour and 20min with M42, everything worked out well, MaximDL is back on track again. I think maybe corrupt drivers? dll's? The only dramas I had was my gamepad for EQMod was giving the mount false commands, I think I may have dropped this one too many times in the dark so I will source a new one.

So I am back in the running again.