Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 21-10-2020, 06:02 PM
JimsShed (Jim)

Glen I'm a young 60yo with my best eye that's now sometimes dicky and floaters galore. No macular degen though (touch wood). I've an ED80, Esprit 120, and c9.25. I flip flop between EAA and visual and for 80% of the time it's all through the Esprit. I love it's sharp image and ease of ownership. My EAA is via Sharpcap and an ASI 294 MC pro. and I'm very satisfied with that mix.
Old 21-10-2020, 06:10 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsShed View Post
Glen I'm a young 60yo with my best eye that's now sometimes dicky and floaters galore. No macular degen though (touch wood). I've an ED80, Esprit 120, and c9.25. I flip flop between EAA and visual and for 80% of the time it's all through the Esprit. I love it's sharp image and ease of ownership. My EAA is via Sharpcap and an ASI 294 MC pro. and I'm very satisfied with that mix.
Thanks Jim for that information. I already have Sharpcap, so that will be a given in my solution.
Old 21-10-2020, 08:40 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 View Post
Slight tangent from this interesting thread but what did you find most limiting about the 294 Paul?

Finicky flat fielding would be my call. On very dark backgrounds they can to produce a coloured halo in the shape of what I believe is the cooler block, neither flats nor darks get rid of it. You usually have to stretch the data really hard to find it but once you are there, that is that.

Also on flats, you really need a flat panel, the timing circuitry changes between short and longer exposures which changes the noise profile, so you need flats of a consistent time and to use dark flats of matching time as the changing in noise profile at short exposures mean bias frames are no good with them. I use 5 second flats with that camera and matching 5 second dark flats at the same temperature.
Old 23-10-2020, 05:54 PM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

NV monocular?