Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Optec LEO - Price reduced

Hi all,

Since I have recently switched to visual astronomy, I am selling some equipment that I no longer need.

Optec Leo is a fantastic focuser. I used a motorised Moonlite and a motorised Feathertouch; Optec Leo is just in another league. You can read about the focuser here.

I bought the focuser in September last year directly from Optec. Please note that the control hub (Focus Lynx) was purchased separately a few years ago for controlling my Feathertouch. This is exactly the same hub that is sold with Optec Leo and I was recommended to use this control hub (instead of buying a new hub) by the guys from Optec. Also, I was using Anderson plugs for powering the hub and no longer have the original 12V DC power supply.

A new owner would need to get specific adapters to fit their imaging gear. I have included an M63 x 1 adapter from Precise Parts on the camera side (to fit Riccardi reducer, but this adapter can be replaced with whatever is needed).

A brand new focuser would cost about $2200 landed.
This near new focuser (and a hub that is a few years old) can be yours for $1200, including insured express AU Post. That's only 55% of the cost of a brand new unit.

Bank transfer only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4232.JPG)
182.2 KB109 views

Last edited by Slawomir; 07-10-2020 at 08:16 PM.