Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29-09-2019, 04:10 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

NGC1365 & friends

Another successful weekend at Leyburn (well, the second night was). Seeing was very off and on with guiding bouncing all over the place. I seem to be hooked on imaging these galaxy clusters with a widefield telescope. Something about imaging galaxies at this scale that makes life on Earth seem very insignificant! Fornax is primed for imaging at the moment with the every photogenic NGC1365 Barred galaxy in the frame along with many diffuse galaxies and irregular galaxy to boot.

L 50x3min
RGB 15x2min (each channel)

I was really hoping to image this across two nights but Friday night was horizon to horizon cloud cover

I'm still having issues with star registration which causes the stars to have a weird colour and slightly offset colour channels. I'm sure theres an easy fix to it but I'm too lazy.

Astrobin link here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (fornax200.jpg)
139.8 KB48 views
Old 29-09-2019, 08:22 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

It is a great area to image isn't it. I hit that at a similar scale about a month ago.

Have you tried Astro Pixel Processor? I have very rarely had registration issues using it.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:50 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Thanks Paul, I do want to shoot it again with my RC8 for an up and personal. I'm doing a weird thing where I stack in DSS but process in PI. I should migrate all my registration/stacking to PI but I'm just being lazy since PI is a bit more of an involved process.