Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
Maybe you should look at UT about Las Vegas shooting with some real footages,
questions and inconsistencies. You should comprehend that Wiki is not authority.
What would I discover?

If you have a proposition please present it and a more worthy authority than Wiki so I can get what you are driving at...

Thanks

Alex
Old 10-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Here is the philosophy. Guns are noble symbols of freedom, bravery, wisdom, patriotism, manliness etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KKAGKhK6wI

hard to comprehend, but this is actually for real!

Last edited by Shiraz; 10-11-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 PM
raymo

I just watched the world's shortest horror film.
raymo
Old 10-11-2017, 11:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The USA is not the only place where folk hold strange ideas and beliefs.
And there are many places in the world where guns and aggression are somewhat normal.
Alex
Old 10-11-2017, 11:50 PM
raymo

It's the only one I can think of off of the top of my head that thinks of
itself as a first world country,[although I imagine that the 27% of the
population on or below the poverty line might dispute that].
raymo
Old 11-11-2017, 01:03 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
Guessing that it could have been Alex Jones - possibly the most corrosive and unprincipled of all the misinformation sources.
It would be a tough choice between Alex and Rupert... or maybe David Icke as a dark horse, outside bet.

fwiw) There's a bit more to Alex Jones than the unhinged trouble maker that is his internet persona. That side of him is actually an act.

Several members of Alex's family (including his father) are former or current employees of the CIA and the same is true of his extended family.

A perusal of the Linkedin profiles of his staff is interesting... Alex seems to like hiring interns of the private security outfit called Stratfor: ~cough~ free lance - Mossad/CIA ~cough~

Alex seems to attract a particularly high percentage of zionist sponsors/benefactors. Not that there is anything intrinsically illegal in being a zionist, but it is what it is. (he is on the payroll of a couple of dozen individuals/corporations with financial interests to that end)... He who pays the piper, calls the tune...

And there's more, but you get the picture

If you really want to understand the true nature of Alex Jones, search "Hasbara"

~c
Old 13-11-2017, 11:58 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Its all a game.
Its probably not a nice game but it is what we have.The tax thing is now less news than dual citizen ship or weddings so first things first..deal with the weddings and papers and put tax avoidance off to another day but it does call for a better add that something is being done but heck that little ball rolling around thoe neat woodern tracks really shows the problem has been absolutely addressed.
And the current tourmoil happily will keep many humans very occupied.
What should be done will be done for some and not all and thats ok if some are benifited by what ever is going on ..oh the game thats what is going on.
alex
Old 13-11-2017, 12:15 PM
taminga16 (Greg)

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Old 13-11-2017, 12:59 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

They have their problems but let us not forget their achievements or rather some of the great men produced there...one needs to maintain a positive balance.
They are achieving 3% growth which is good for them and good for us really and they have a president talks directly to them via twitter...all good.
alex
Old 13-11-2017, 01:45 PM
clive milne

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by taminga16 View Post
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Old 14-11-2017, 09:49 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

As a citizen of the USA, I am probably in the minority. I have never owned a gun and I have no desire to have one. I live in a remote area of West Texas. I have been here for 18 years. I would also like to add, that I have fond memories of my visit to Australia in Aug. 2015.

Joe Wheelock
Old 14-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwheel69 View Post
As a citizen of the USA, I am probably in the minority. I have never owned a gun and I have no desire to have one. I live in a remote area of West Texas. I have been here for 18 years. I would also like to add, that I have fond memories of my visit to Australia in Aug. 2015.

Joe Wheelock
Good on ya Joe. I have fond memories of my trip to the US.

I was a bit confused though; before I went I always admired the energy and liberalism of the northern folk (New York, Boston) and was concerned about the possible racism of the Southerns.

By the time I finished my trip, I thought the Northerns were far too keen to make a $, but the Southerners were welcoming and generous people.

I suppose I should travel more!
Old 15-11-2017, 06:50 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropo-Bob View Post
Good on ya Joe. I have fond memories of my trip to the US.

I was a bit confused though; before I went I always admired the energy and liberalism of the northern folk (New York, Boston) and was concerned about the possible racism of the Southerns.

By the time I finished my trip, I thought the Northerns were far too keen to make a $, but the Southerners were welcoming and generous people.

I suppose I should travel more!
I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. I would like to visit your country again someday.