Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-12-2014, 12:46 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Business day?

Australia Post is advertising that they will be doing parcel deliveries both this Saturday and Sunday and next weekend the same also. Do these "special days" count as business days, because I had an item sent from Sydney, Express Post yesterday, and not even showing as having left Sydney yet.

So, wondering if this counts as failure to meet their next-day guarantee (since they advertise as parcel deliveries this weekend and next) and grounds for a refund ;P
Old 13-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Profiler (Profiler)

Hi Lewis

The tracking on AP can be infuriating to say the least. I can't recall the number of times the same has happened to me. Basically nothing registers on tracking until it actually arrives
Old 13-12-2014, 06:22 PM
DJT (David)

Hi Lewis

Same here. I have sent a fair bit of stuff out of Sydney CBD and it rarely gets updated from "Item accepted" before getting delivered.

Nice to be given transparency but all that's transparent is that the process isn't quite there yet.
Old 13-12-2014, 07:11 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Now 18:11, no delivery - refund here we come (we got normal mail today, so I am counting it as a business day!)
Old 13-12-2014, 08:40 PM
DJT (David)

Saturday and Sunday's are not recognised as business days in general. Seems a bit harsh going after them Lewis given they are going the extra mile to get parcels moved over the weekend? They don't have to?

Peace and goodwill. 😉
Old 14-12-2014, 09:31 AM
leon

I expect they, the Postie would be pretty busy at this time of the year, have to agree with you David.

Leon
Old 14-12-2014, 09:56 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

A guarantee is a guarantee. Nothing about the postie - it's the Network not fulfilling. You pay a BULK amount extra, and then that CONTRACT with GUARANTEE is not fulfilled.

If they sell a product with a contractual guarantee, and ADVERTISE they are doing business and deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays for the fortnight before Christmas and AFTER into New Year to the Express Post network (which both sending postcode and receiving postcode is covered by), then that is their obligation to fulfill. If you cannot meet this contractual obligation, then the default option, as per their contract, is compensatory action.

I know the local contractor here well, and they (they are a couple) delivered yesterday Express Post articles to OTHER households - I just spoke to them as they delivered next door (international package).

The tracking indicates NIL movement - no further scan events ANYWHERE (which they ALWAYS do when scanned at depots).

Last edited by LewisM; 14-12-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 14-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Kunama

I think it is probably a personal boycott of Lewis ....... I had a parcel sent from Perth on Thursday at 10.31am and had the Nikon lenses in my hand in Canberra just 27 hours later, all time record for Aust Post Express Parcel.

I very much doubt that they would be counting the weekend as normal business days, the extra deliveries are just to clear the backlog of Xmas gifts.
Old 14-12-2014, 10:26 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Australia Post is advertising that they will be doing parcel deliveries both this Saturday and Sunday and next weekend the same also. Do these "special days" count as business days, because I had an item sent from Sydney, Express Post yesterday, and not even showing as having left Sydney yet.

So, wondering if this counts as failure to meet their next-day guarantee (since they advertise as parcel deliveries this weekend and next) and grounds for a refund ;P
Mate..., go do something else and wait for January. This time of year, totally Psycho....

Tis the season to go spastic,
Tra la la la lar la la lar larrr.
Wreck you life with a piece of plastic,
Yadda Yadda Ya Ya da da da.....
Where's that damn bottle of scotch
Old 14-12-2014, 11:44 AM
mithrandir (Andrew)

I'm waiting for a parcel the courier company collected from Caringbah on 2014-12-08 to deliver to Glenhaven - about 60km across Sydney.

Their tracking system says it was on the collection truck and that's the last that's known of it. I rang them on Friday, they can see it was collected, and could not get hold of the courier to find out what had happened.

I always get better service from AusPost.
Old 16-12-2014, 11:15 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post

Tis the season to go spastic,
Tra la la la lar la la lar larrr.
Wreck you life with a piece of plastic,
Yadda Yadda Ya Ya da da da.....
Where's that damn bottle of scotch