ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

No so nifty fifty..wide..stars ie

Hard won data and only able to use 50% of it...maybe 30 minutes via 60 second exposures at 1600 iso of one of my favorite regions ..the chimney region as I call it..Nikon D5500 on the Bojan Widefield Mount.

First neglected to check stuff and so captured in jpg unfortunately and although I took many darks they seemed to cause the image to degrade ..at least that seemed to be the issue as with them could not produce a reasonable result but stacking just jpg gave me something.

I used a cheap 50mm lens..about $150 from memory..the best focus showed there were problems but I went ahead and as you can see the stars are rather odd...startools could not fix them..however it is what it is and ok if you stand way back. I was at 1.8 and maybe next time try higher.

The moisture caused problems which were worse than theinitialimages showed both with these and the other stuff thru the 80mm...anyways why stop that letting you get out and freeze half the night
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (jpgwidest.jpg)
207.8 KB40 views
Old 08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

here is one maybe better...still not flash

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1jpgwidest.jpg)
215.0 KB27 views
Old 08-06-2019, 06:18 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

This is another of the jpg run. I wanted this to see if I could locate interesting stuff to try...but you don't see much really..maybe go deeper on some of those dusty regions where the is a bit of contrast and see what turns up.
I am so disappointed with the 50 mm lens..maybe I will try a different focus...You could think you could do better.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (wide2.jpg)
219.6 KB21 views