Old 07-01-2017, 04:04 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Es 82*

Have just taken possession of my new Explore Scientific 30mm 82* EP. First impressions: beautifully boxed and presented, and if weight is commensurate with build quality, this thing should be top drawer stuff - it weighs a ton, and dwarfs my current GSO Superview 30mm. Hopefully it will also outperform it optically, and if Brisbane's sky would permit one cloudless night soon, I'll give a first light report. Bought from Telescope House in England for what appeared to be a pretty reasonable price compared to the US market - the only negative to the whole transaction was that I also ordered a 4.7mm in the same range, but they somehow managed to send me an 11mm instead so I'm probably looking at a 2-3 month turnaround timeframe to get it exchanged.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:48 PM
fbk (Fraser)

I too bought the ES 82° in 6.7mm, 11mm and 18mm. I already had a GSO Superview 30mm. I only have my plossls to compare to but my impressions are much the same as yours, they are outstanding quality and value and perform amazingly well.

You got the wrong one? I'd be selling it on here for most of what you paid for it and just order the correct one. You'll be paying return shipping anyway, I couldn't wait 3 months! I bought mine from Astronomy365, excellent prices (-VAT) and very reasonable shipping as well.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:08 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Thanks Fraser, glad you're happy with them - it's reassuring to hear. I may have to take your advice and resell the 11mm here, although I'll see what TH has to say to my "please explain" email. I don't see why I'd need to pay shipping there and back again for their error - perhaps they'll let me keep the 11mm..... Either way, I probably won't be able to wait 3 months either!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Nice one Patrick, the 30mm is a cracker
Old 15-01-2017, 01:44 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseous View Post
Thanks Fraser, glad you're happy with them - it's reassuring to hear. I may have to take your advice and resell the 11mm here, although I'll see what TH has to say to my "please explain" email. I don't see why I'd need to pay shipping there and back again for their error - perhaps they'll let me keep the 11mm..... Either way, I probably won't be able to wait 3 months either!
Well, I certainly can't fault Telescope House for customer service: after explaining the muddle up with the ordered eyepiece, they swiftly apologised and have not only agreed to mail the correct 4.7mm EP to me free of charge, but I can keep the 11mm EP as well! Restores one's faith in online shopping....
Old 15-01-2017, 05:11 PM
MortonH
Deprived of starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseous View Post
Well, I certainly can't fault Telescope House for customer service: after explaining the muddle up with the ordered eyepiece, they swiftly apologised and have not only agreed to mail the correct 4.7mm EP to me free of charge, but I can keep the 11mm EP as well! Restores one's faith in online shopping....
Nice one!
Old 27-01-2017, 07:35 AM
AEAJR (Ed)

I have the ES 82 6.7 and 8.8 and plan to continue to fill out that line over time. Excellent eyepieces.
Old 31-01-2017, 02:48 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonH View Post
Nice one!
Received the free 4.7mm EP today - very impressed indeed with Telescope House.
Old 31-01-2017, 02:56 PM
fbk (Fraser)

Awesome service! The 11 is my favourite out of the 3 I own, you get to keep it for free!
Old 31-01-2017, 03:01 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbk View Post
Awesome service! The 11 is my favourite out of the 3 I own, you get to keep it for free!
Yeah, it may be surplus to my current requirements, but now that you've said that I'll probably use it a lot more!
Old 02-02-2017, 07:53 PM
cydonia

Nice eyepiece, I have one myself that I brought from Frontier Optics. Enjoy the Ultra wide experience.