Old 26-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Wavytone

Bright / Mt Buffalo 4th April ?

I'm making my annual paragliding trek to Bright for Easter, and given the eclipse on the 4th, the Saturday evening promises to be an excellent stargazing opportunity, so will be bringing my 7" maksutov as well.

Anyone interested ?

I'm aware Lake Catani (on top of Mt Buffalo) will be packed with campers though it is a good site for stargazing.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Nab (Darren)

The family and I will be in Bright over the Easter weekend. Binos only though. Hopefully we will get some clearish sky. We can tolerate a light cloud cover with such a bright (haha) target

Would the Bright Astronomy Club be doing anything - nothing on their web site as yet.

Cheers.

Darren.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Hagar (Doug)

If there is anything on in Bright I might make it over to Porpunka airport with my 9.25 and a few EP's.

Nice dark spot and no mountain to drive up. If it is clear I will be heading over that way.

Last edited by Hagar; 03-04-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Definitely no Eclipse from here. Any more cloud and it would be foggy.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Rob_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab View Post
The family and I will be in Bright over the Easter weekend. Binos only though. Hopefully we will get some clearish sky. We can tolerate a light cloud cover with such a bright (haha) target

Would the Bright Astronomy Club be doing anything - nothing on their web site as yet.

Cheers.

Darren.
Hi Darren - because of the poor forecast and shortness of totality, and because of a prior volunteering engagement the following night for the Bright Big4 Caravan Park's Astronomy Night, the club held back from doing anything tonight. As it turns out, I did get a few views of the eclipse from my backyard but overall it was pretty cloudy and it would have been very risky for a public night (high chance of mass disappointment!). I've posted a couple of pics here:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...89&postcount=9

Did you see any of it? And any views from Buffalo, Wavytone?

Cheers -
Old 05-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Nab (Darren)

Hi Rob,

I took a number of optimistic trips outside during the night but about from cloud glow only saw a slim crescent for about 10 seconds before the clouds rolled back over. As totality approached I had given up and resorted to liquid consolation - as back home it was a clear night.

Looks like your persistence was on the other hand rewarded

Darren.