Old 19-04-2019, 09:53 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Colour pallet just for me.

I have read up on the Hubble Colour Pallet but cant work out how to apply it..It does not seem to cover the filters I have??? RBG I can work out☺ but HA O11 S11 I dont know what to go for...MY daughter helped the other day creating a photoshop layer with the various colours in the net image I liked and that I wanted to copy (in reality) by colouring in my image so I didnot have green when it was brown, purple where it was blue...etc..so I thought why not make a similar reference sheet where I select a colour for ha o11 and s11..and for me it would be good to even have red blue and green referrenced so I dont get brown purple and orange☺.

If you are not colour blind you may think I am crazy for this post alone but what colours should I assign for ha o11 and s11 also should lum be given a hint of colour? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...I can create a colour pallet with the help of a phone app I have that samples a colour and tells you what it is..so if I create a blue page I can ask the phone..it can tell me if I stuffed up and created a purple blue referrence.

Alex
Old 19-04-2019, 10:56 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Here ya go, Alex, this should get you headed in the right direction: http://bf-astro.com/hubblep.htm
Old 19-04-2019, 10:57 AM
glend (Glen)

This is a contentious topic Alex, different people have different colour preferences. There are, as you noticed, several ways to treat narrowband colouring.
Your Ha Oiii Sii Can be mapped to respective R G B layers in Photoshop, but the traditional Hubble Pallet refers to mapping Sii to R, Ha to G, and Oiii to B.
In Photoshop you can use the slide bar to alter the colour the for you respective layers, so you can tune it to suit your preferences. Obviously where you have high saturation of Ha, like in some emission nebula, you can reduce the saturation level if you wish.
As far as Luminance is concerned, my preference in narrowband is to make an Ha layer for Luminance, and work with the Opacity setting to get the best result. Straight luminance in white light is just to overpowering imho for use in narrowband.
There are many Photoshop online tutorials that really help with layer blending and It's worth learning the techniques.
Old 19-04-2019, 11:27 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you Lee and thank you Glen...
I suppose one could choose whatever they like really...it seems a matter of convention to some degree.
Again thanks for the help...I do read all that I can but sometimes I get overwhelmed...
Well my Eta C stacking has now finished ... I ended up with two different stacks of red and lum and have the stack of ever filter...so I can select maybe 10 different colours...mmm yes ...a very special pallet that NASA only uses in house☺ I may go wild ...my photo I guess I can do what I want☺
First I may stack all the stacks including the huge stack of everything..I think there is 3.5 hours data maybe 4 I have lost track..lets call it three..even if its not..I like three its almost a backward E ..I like E it comes after my favorite letter D.
So its raining here and everyone has left ..except the cat and the fly.
Alex
Old 20-04-2019, 11:33 PM
sharpiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thank you Lee and thank you Glen...
I suppose one could choose whatever they like really...it seems a matter of convention to some degree.
Again thanks for the help...I do read all that I can but sometimes I get overwhelmed...
Well my Eta C stacking has now finished ... I ended up with two different stacks of red and lum and have the stack of ever filter...so I can select maybe 10 different colours...mmm yes ...a very special pallet that NASA only uses in house☺ I may go wild ...my photo I guess I can do what I want☺
First I may stack all the stacks including the huge stack of everything..I think there is 3.5 hours data maybe 4 I have lost track..lets call it three..even if its not..I like three its almost a backward E ..I like E it comes after my favorite letter D.
So its raining here and everyone has left ..except the cat and the fly.
Alex
I have to ask...is D really your favourite letter, or is there a story here? And has your insect friend now just become a sit?
Old 21-04-2019, 04:42 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Yes.
It is comprised of as I think of it an "i" and a backwards "c" which I interpret as representing the quality of introspect.
The fly left after lunch according to the cat.
Alex