Old 19-01-2011, 10:48 AM
5ash (Philip)
Earthling

Combining different size images in photoshop

I need some help in combining different size images in photoshop 7. I've tried to alter the size of an image and add it as a layer to another image , but find when i make it a layer it reverts back to its old size or appears to. Isit possible to do what im trying to do , if so what are the steps i need to take?
philip

Last edited by 5ash; 19-01-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 19-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

What are the dimensions of both images? Do they both have the same DPI?

If you like, you can email me your images at octane2 AT optusnet DOT com DOT au and I can have a go for you, if you like, then, detail what I did to get to the final image.

Offer's there, but, I won't be able to get to it until I get home tonight.

H
Old 19-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Here is an example of how I would approach this in CS5, so I’m not sure if this will work in PS7.

Let’s start with 2 example images;
Image A: 1280x960 pixels and,
Image B: 800x600 pixels.

Let’s assume that my Background image is A and I want to Copy & Paste the smaller image B into the larger image A.

When I paste B into A, then B will be Layer 1 and A will be the Background Layer.

Select Layer 1, the smaller image B. <Right Click> it’s Layer and choose “Select Pixels” from the fly out Menu and you should see the “marching ants” around the smaller image. This indicates that only those Pixels on that Layer are selected.

I then select “Edit” in the Menu Bar and choose “Transform” then “Scale” from the drop down Menu and you can then manually scale just the smaller image to make it the same size as the Background (larger) image A.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Diff-size-images.jpg)
104.5 KB12 views
Old 19-01-2011, 09:13 PM
allan gould

To be absolutely honest PS can do it after a herculian effort and it may never be quite right. Save yourself a huge amount of grief and look at Registar. It does only one thing but it does it like no other program.
I know it doesn't help with PS but it is good advice - best of luck in trying to manage this but with PS each effort will be different.
Old 20-01-2011, 04:17 PM
5ash (Philip)
Earthling

Thanks Humayun & Denis for your suggestions with Photoshop and Alan for pointing me at another program. Will take it all on board.
Regards Philip