Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 29-07-2020, 03:21 AM
hubble2140

counterweight screw for my EQ6R PRO mount

hi everyone! i have the EQ6R PRO mount and my counterweight screws broked… smile and im searching for a lot of time new one! smilesmile
will this screws will work? how do they attach to the counterweight and to the counterweight bar? are they good? and what kind of screw i need to order? (for the AZEQ6 or NEQ6?), if they are not good, do you have any recommendations? thank you very very much!!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...4cf34c4dMhljWh
Old 08-08-2020, 06:11 PM
FrancoRodriguez (Franco)
Franco

i'd just take a counterweight to Bunnings and try out a few. I've got the same mount and my screws are about to go too. Must be a design flaw
Old 17-08-2020, 07:29 PM
Fox

Agreed, the Skywatcher counterweight screws are quite ratsh...t! It's not a design flaw, its just called cheap and nasty. The 'tri-knobs' are painful to turn as well. I'm waiting for Victorian stage 4 lockdown to end, I'll get a machinist friend to re-machine the whole damn thing for me. Fox
Old 17-08-2020, 07:37 PM
raymo

You must have incredibly sensitive skin to find the knobs painful to use, as they only need nipping up. If they are painful to use, you are over tightening them. This assumes that they are in good condition, and haven't been stuffed up by a previous owner. I used those knobs for well over 10yrs and never had a problem.
raymo

Last edited by raymo; 17-08-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: more text
Old 17-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Fox

Hah! yes, I am probably biased about the knobs; out of the box, the knob of one c/weight was so hard to turn it felt like it was cutting into my fingers - the shop agreed it was faulty so they replaced it. Fox