Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
jolevy

need help-which camera 2 choose

hi everyone,
i have to choose for a specific unique need a digital camera which will be able 2 photo between 380(400) nanometer up to 940 nanometer. the current situation today that normal cameras manufactured with IR CUTOFF filter in front of the sensor and block the ir transmission.
s i understand, the canon EOS20DA for astronomy applications, the manufacturer remove this filter off and use UV clock filter which disturb to my needs and must be removed too.
i prefer 2 use canon because they have wide range of lenses 1000 mm etc.and part of the need to change lenses for different focal length.
so my questins are:
1- did someone know about very sensitive camera for the a.m. wavelength without any componenet in fron of the filter?
2- if there is not such type of camera did someone try and success to remove the ir blocking filter and for which camera?
3- if someone can inform which camera is the most sensitive to this wavelength which i will buy to remove the front element?
many thanks
jo levy
yf_ta1@yahoo.com
Old 09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi Jo.

The Canon 350D or 400D can be modified to remove the IR filter. There are companies that do this (eg: Hutech) and others have successfully done it themselves following instructions on the internet.

What exactly do you want to take a photo of?