Old 16-02-2013, 11:21 AM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

Orion Cameras - driver upgrades

I am trying to get a Orion Starshoot II camera working under Windows 8 but it seems that they don't support anything after XP with this camera (I've just been talking to them on their online chat - which I suppose is good support if the answer haven't been negative).

Has anybody had any luck with running older equipment under Windows 8 like this?

On a more general note I am thinking of getting the Orion auto guide camera but am concerned about the support if they stop driver developmen just because they bring out a new model.
Old 16-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

if you are having trouble getting old drivers to load, might be worth trying the general workaround suggested here. http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=102387 It bypasses some Win8 security, so only go that way if you are happy that the drivers are OK
Old 16-02-2013, 03:52 PM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

Thanks for the link. Don't think its the driver signing that's the issue though as I can get it to load using the compatibility options. Its just that it doesn't work, which is strange seeing it was working under Windows 7