Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (23.jpg)
31.9 KB108 views
Old 14-07-2018, 03:30 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Thanks Col,
This is now on my todo list...

A long time ago, in a university far far away...
My Brother in law, and his mates were in their late 70's Honda Civic at some god awful time of the night.

The police pull them over for a "random" breath test, and take a walk around the car. In the back seat are more people than the Civic's designers possibly intended... Things are about to get sour.

Mr Plod pokes his head into the back window with his torch. One of the lads with a messy beard has covered his head in a towel, looking as druid-like as possible. The copper looks at him...

"These are not the droids you are looking for", replies the student in the back, complete with authentic Jedi hand gesture... He's pulled it off. Mr Plod is now in stitches, and can only mutter: "Oh, now I've seen it all"...

The Honda Civic and it's contents of hapless social work students are sent on their way. Peace is restored to the galaxy...

Last edited by RB; 14-07-2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Profanity (bypass) deleted
Old 14-07-2018, 03:40 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
Thanks Col,
This is now on my todo list...

A long time ago, in a university far far away...
My Brother in law, and his mates were in their late 70's Honda Civic at some god awful time of the night.

The police pull them over for a "random" breath test, and take a walk around the car. In the back seat are more people than the Civic's designers possibly intended... Things are about to get sour.

Mr Plod pokes his head into the back window with his torch. One of the lads with a messy beard has covered his head in a towel, looking as druid-like as possible. The copper looks at him...

"These are not the droids you are looking for", replies the student in the back, complete with authentic Jedi hand gesture... He's pulled it off. Mr Plod is now in stitches, and can only mutter: "Oh, now I've seen it all"...

The Honda Civic and it's contents of hapless social work students are sent on their way. Peace is restored to the galaxy...

It goes to show if you can ' bluff ' the coppers with humor, you can get away with almost anything.

Good Story ....

Last edited by RB; 14-07-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 14-07-2018, 05:19 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The poor copper up North .. when he answers the phone and my street (road) is mentioned he must start to shiver and roll his eyes and start thinking of excuses why he cant be there...
Support your police what they have to put up with is often beyond belief.
Alex
Old 14-07-2018, 11:47 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Support your police what they have to put up with is often beyond belief.
Alex
I hear ya Alex. I live one of Townsville's more lively suburbs. 15 years ago I gave serious consideration to applying to join the QPS. Got the info pack, scoped out the open days, etc. Looking into the finer points, I realized I was utterly unsuitable to be a policeman. I lacked the self control to not lose my cool, and lacked any form of apathy that could enable me to "let things slide".

I have a lot of regard for anyone who performs tasks I can't. This includes Police, Accountants, Chefs, etc...
Old 16-07-2018, 10:35 AM
inline_online (Dan)

At the tender young age of 17, I got hammered one night at a party. Come 2am, it was time to go home so I started walking. But the walking was a bit tricky due to the close confines of the footpath and the alcohol in my system. Being a fit fella (and clearly very sensible) I decided to run down the middle of the street.
After about 500m I saw the reflection of a flash of red and blue behind me and a brief squark of siren. The conversation went something like this:
Cop: Mate, what are you doing?
Me: Going home to bed
Cop: Why are you running in the middle of the road?
Me: It is faster and the surface is smoother than the footpath
Cop: Are you drunk?
Me: I'm out of my brain
Cop: Get in the back. We'll give you a lift home
He opened the back of his cop van, helped me climb in and drove me all the way home. Lucky for me he'd turned the red/blue lights off by the time he pulled into my driveway
Good cop!!
Old 16-07-2018, 11:26 AM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Country cops often used to give you a 'lift ' home in the back of the wagon

I guess its the easier/safer option and theres no paperwork.
Old 16-07-2018, 11:28 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
Country cops often used to give you a 'lift ' home in the back of the wagon

I guess its the easier/safer option and theres no paperwork.
How true ...!!