Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 23-06-2020, 08:38 AM
ubique (Hugh)

MEADE LX200 14 INCH ACF WITH 2 x HYPERSTAR ADAPTERS

MEADE LX200 14 INCH ACF WITH 2 x HYPERSTAR ADAPTERS

I purchased this scope in June 2010 from Bintel, I had the following Peterson upgrades done to it at the time of purchase.
  • Peterson EZ Clutch kit, absolutely essential to ensure the smooth long term trouble free operation of the clutch.
  • Peterson Eye Opener
  • Get a grip Ergonomic handles http://store.smartastronomy.com/geerha1.html
This scope has been housed in a Sirius dome most of its life and is in excellent condition, the main board was replaced with a new board 1 year ago. Optics are clean, mirror unmarked, tube unmarked, all functions are working.
Comes with -
  • Zero Image Shift Focuser
  • Metal Dew Shield Custom made and painted in Meade Blue
  • Flexible Dew Shield
  • Hyperstar Adapter for a C11 Hyperstar (Hyperstar not included)
  • Hyperstar Adapter for a C14Hyperstar (Hyperstar not included)
  • Meade Finder Scope
  • Meade Power Supply 240 volt to 12 volt
  • Instruction Manual
  • Meade Illuminated Reticle Eyepiece
  • Farpoint - Losmandy dovetail bar
  • Giant Field Tripod
  • Telrad Base (no Telrad)
  • Custom made 5.5kg Off Axis counterweight. Counterweight has a thin flange that fits between the telescope back plate and the Eye Opener (or the manufacturer's supplied visual back). Essential to achieve balance with a dew shield.

MEADE LX200 GPS SPARE PARTS
Included is over $2400 worth of spare parts, that is a complete set of spare parts, every circuit board and the motors, all new never used for a MEADE LX200, fits all models from 8 inch to 14 inch.

• Main Controller Panel board and Face Plate
  • R.A. Motor or Base Controller Board
  • Declination or Fork Motor Controller Board
  • R.A. or Base Motor Assembly
  • Declination of Fork Motor Assembly
  • Level North Sensor
  • GPS and Temp Sensor Board
  • GPS Unit
  • Stop Sensor
  • Focuser and Reticle Jacks

This set of spare parts would cost you over $2400 to buy from the USA. If anything goes wrong you can fix it yourself , you don't lose any time or money transporting your scope to be repaired.
Fortunately Meade LX200 mounts have a built in diagnostic test so it's easy to find out what's not working. Diagnostic procedure supplied with the spare parts.

HYPERSTAR CAPABILITY
Now to the Hyperstar adapters, yes I know you aren't supposed to be able to fit a Hyperstar to Meade ACF telescopes, all the keyboard warriors and arm chair experts tell you so in great detail on various forums. I have read most of them. Of course nobody has ever bothered to try mainly because they lack the machinery to do it. So please don't add a quote to tell me you can't do it.
The Hyperstar is basically a big reducer, have a look at the photos taken with this scope. Not as perfect as those taken with a refractor over many hours, but for a few seconds exposure, no darks no flats no bias just 40 stacked frames who cares?

WHY DID I DO IT?
In the pursuit of faster imaging mainly because fork mounts have limitations for taking long exposures, about 2 minutes is the limit before you get field rotation, most exposures I take are less than 30 seconds and I don't have to worry about amp glow or guiding. Plus I don't have the patience to gather hours of data and I don't want to take darks and flats etc. Yes I am a lazy astronomer.

WHY AM I SELLING?
Aperture fever, I bought a 16 inch f8 LX600 and I have now successfully adapted the C14 Hyperstar to it, I can image at less than f2.

PLEASE NOTE THE HYPERSTAR UNITS ARE NOT INCLUDED only the adapters are included, if you want to do any Hyperstar imaging you will have to buy your own Hyperstar unit.

SHIPPING
I have the Original boxes so shipping isn't a problem.
I can deliver the scope to any shipping company in Brisbane or I can arrange shipping through Pack and Send. If you don't want to use Pack and Send you will have to arrange your own shipping. I have been through this before where I try to find the best shipping price but it never works. Box dimensions - Telescope Box 80cm x 60cm x 132cm Tripod Box 44 x 44 x 103. Total weight approximately 110kg. There will be a third box for the dew shield, dimensions yet to be determined.

PRICE is $7900 plus Shipping.
If you don't want the Spare Parts I will sell it for $6900

PM me if you are interested, don't add any QUOTES please contact me by PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
92.3 KB531 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
96.1 KB454 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
196.7 KB481 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
122.7 KB466 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
154.6 KB385 views
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)
114.1 KB398 views
Click for full-size image (7.jpg)
212.4 KB571 views
Click for full-size image (8.jpg)
96.9 KB612 views

Last edited by ubique; 04-09-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:36 PM
ubique (Hugh)

Bump