Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 06-06-2020, 04:59 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

Moonlite 2" motorised focuser with controller

Moonlite 2" focuser $750 - order as specified below and you're paying over $950 including freight from Moonlite direct.

Perfect for owners of 8" and 9.25" Meade or Celestron SCTs looking for an autofocus capability. Specs;
- 0.95" draw tube threaded for the Meade/Celestron 6.3 FR/FF
- flange to suit FR/FF plus another regular flange if you prefer longer FL imaging or viewing
- high resolution stepper motor
- V2 mini controller
- temperature composition sensor
- black finish
- works great with ASCOM and INDI drivers
- all cables (DB9, USB)

If you're thinking about a different scope, you can also order a different flange from Moonlite and adapt it to a GSO/Bintel RC10/12 even the larger 3" visual backs of the Meades and Celestrons if that's your bag.

This was my first Moonlite (and Crayford) and until I used it I didn't understand what all teh hype was about - now I get it, it's a really lovely product, but with my 8" SCT about to go up for sale, it's no longer required.

Somewhat hesitant sale because if I know myself, there will be another scope in my life (9.25 EDGE?) and I'll be paying more to buy a new one than to hang onto it, but needs as needs must and it's time to clean shop.

Prefer Melbourne, but can arrange for shipping at your expense, it's roughly 1.2kg and pretty sturdy - I imagine about $20 express shipped anywhere in Aus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 1.15.10 pm.png)
88.7 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (moonlite.jpg)
188.1 KB56 views

Last edited by xthestreams; 11-06-2020 at 08:42 AM.