Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:49 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

If you have attempted any of the Challenges I have posted, please relay your experiences here. This is significant in so many ways!

If you have struggled there may be various reasons that could actually be very easily addressed and remedied, but only if you say something. It could be an experience thing. It could be a scope thing. It could be atmospheric and nothing to do with the scope or your experience, but frustration may get the better of you, and you just don't recognize the tell-tale signs. These Challenges are not designed to be Mission Impossible, but to offer different lunar and planetary features to look for, some of which will yes be difficult, but not all of them, and not most of them!

If you have succeeded with any of them, sharing your experiences here will encourage others to do the same, and show me that I am providing a good source of info.

Your experiences are unique to you, your scope and your level of experience, all of which are different to mine. By sharing your experiences you not only inform others with similar points of experiences as you, AND you also help me see things in other ways that I would not have thought of before. For despite what experience I may have, I might have forgotten some of those little details that can help others even more.

You might have some questions but you may feel that your questions could be seen as silly. The ONLY dumb question is the one that is not said! I DON'T know it all, and other people will certainly be able to fill voids I cannot

Don't be shy, and don't feel intimidated by what I say or my sketches. I too started from ZERO and my sketches are just my niche and nothing I make any judgements on others. I use my sketches to show people what they can REALLY SEE through a telescope! as photos can be deceptive at times.

And ultimately, without feedback I end up seeing no point in continuing to offer help.

Alex.