Old 14-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Garbz (Chris)

Anyone with QHY10 ASCOM driver problems?

Well I'm beating my head against the wall trying to get my QHY10 to work with ASCOM. So far I have only been using a dedicated driver with EZCAP which is quite horrendous as far as software goes so I'm keen to move to Sequence Generator instead.

I can't for the life of me get my QHY10 to work with ASCOM. I'm using Windows XP 32bit, ASCOM 6.0.0 and the ASCOM drivers from the QHYCCD site. When I fire up ASCOM Diagnostics and start the chooser for the Camera the QHY10 does not show up, only the 2 default simulators show up.

Is anyone using this software combination?
Is there a trick to it?
Have I done something horrendously wrong?
Old 14-09-2013, 06:05 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Chris,

Are you using ascom 6 SP2?
Old 14-09-2013, 06:33 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Ezycap IS pretty bad, could you get it to work with Ezycap though? I'm using MaximDL, ASCOM 6 and the drivers off the QHY site with no problems.

Erik
Old 15-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Garbz (Chris)

Will check which service pack shortly but it's probably irrelevant. The drivers are dated from a few years ago.

Erik yes it works with EZCAP just fine, however EZCAP uses the Native camera driver. No problem there, but I'm trying to get ASCOM to recognise the camera so I can use other software.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:19 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Chris - you should get in touch with Geoff ozstronomer (Geoff). He also has a QHY10 and I believe he is using it with SGP so I assume he has the ascom driver working.

Peter
Old 30-09-2013, 09:44 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

I just learnt today why my new QHY-10 wouldnt work with the software from the disc supplied. My issue was that EZCap found the camera but the camera didnt actuate when I did a test image, Found the latest EZCapture from QHYCCD had a bug fix, downloaded and installed it, all seems to be working here now . . Tho Not sure if it help your situation, this is all very new to me , , ,
?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Garbz (Chris)

Thanks all. Got it working in the end. Was a windows problem as such things often are. A quick re-install (and an SSD in the laptop to make it blazingly fast) and we're back in business.